ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Edit photo and find "new topic"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/16/12 06:58 PM Views: 5110 Replies: 5
Monday, July 16, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I must be losing it - I cannot find how to enter a NEW TOPIC unless i am in a reply mode and then, and only then do I see a new topic button. I am also just starting to use a new computer with Windows 7. I hope they are not related incidents. Now to Question:

A classmate has asked me to edit her photo - Nancy Reynolds - you can find her. Her photo is an elongated one and I cropped it to only a headshot, which appears as the ONLY Photo in her profile (except for yearbook). But when i search for her, and find her, it shows the full elongated photo. The only way I can see the headshot only is when I am, as Admin is when i am managing classmates and search for her, and go to edit photos. If I choose the headshot as a master photo, then the headshot will show up in emails etc...and you can also see the elongated photo (now there are two)...but cannot seem to have only the headshot as her only photo. Please advise - and I have gone thru the wonderful image editor video you created as well. Thanks

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM - Response #1

There should be a "Post New Topic" button right at the top of the page.

Nancy has two photos showing in the system. Her yearbook photo, which you manage by clicking the little image icon in the Yearbook Photo column of the classmate table in Manage Classmates, and one profile photo, which you manage from the PHOTOS link in her row in that same table. The profile photo is a headshot (to the lapels). If you are still seeing the old image, then try refreshing the page in the browser. Make it a habit to refresh the browser WHENEVER viewing a page that has been edited since you last saw it.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM - Response #2

Thanks - the Refreshing the screen did it...even while I had signed off and then again signed on - on the same computer...that did it. I guess, it was specifically done this way - that is the 'New topic" button as i must have drilled down into an answer, and not be at the highest level to search or even see result summaries before i can see the 'new topic'. That prevents one from simply ALWAYS adding new topics, before actually looking at detailed answers - when the 'new topic' button will appear. Good thinking...because folks like me may add even more than the incredible amount of assumed duplicated posts already there Wink - for me on the second line...not the top - in fact RSS is the rightmost link above search, with 'new topic' and 'subscription options' on the second line - probably wrapped around - true for both FF and Chrome ... Dick

Edited 07/17/12 2:39 PM
Monday, July 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM - Response #3
Time off in Chat somewhow.jpg

I have clicked on to help forums from our website - i see no "post new topic" choice. I then search for chat and get tons of hits - but still no "post new topic" at top of page. It is ONLY when I actually drill into an answer that "new topic" pops up. Should it come on the prior hit, instead - after I have searched and seen at least one answer. I did refresh the screen several times, but only after I drilled into an answer did "new topic" show up. That must be the design, yes?

Chat - I have attached a screen shot. I was chatting with a classmate earlier today; I went away (not logged out) and came back, as I heard the "ding" and notice the times. It appears that I originally posted last nite, but it was all done today over a period of a few hours. The last posts at 3:37 are correct but the earlier post showing a PM time, is definitely incorrect - not sure if it was an AM/PM difference or more than that. It may have been posted originally in AM at 10.xx but certainly not last nite.

Edited 07/30/12 6:56 PM
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 10:20 AM - Response #4

We're aware of the timestamp issue in Chat, but fixing it is pretty far down our priority list so I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon. Sorry!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 12:59 PM - Response #5

Not a problem...the only problem is will I remember this posting, the next time it happens to me Wink

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.