ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Wow!!! The praise rolls in....

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/19/11 09:36 PM Views: 1524 Replies: 8
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 9:36 PM

The 50th Reuion of Port Huron High School's Class of 1961 is history. The kudos are still rolling in from the 200 class members and 100 guests who attended the main event (we had seven events).

A few of us are meeting tomorrow to collect our ideas to pass along to other classes from Port Huron coming upon their golden reunion in the years ahead.

I'll be posting photos on our class website in the next few days and will share a link here.

Much of the praise was for our fantastic website. Little do they know all that Class Creator does behind the scenes for us.

I've heard from many who said they can't wait until the 55th!!!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 10:35 PM - Response #1

Congratulations John,

Bet you're relieved that it's over and feeling back-to-normal adrenalin levels.

Looking forward to seeing photos and anything else you care to share.

Better bring a "dust" pan back to Arizona with you!

Bob

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 10:54 PM - Response #2

Wow is right! 200 class members and 100 guests is amazing. How many in your class? What was your event? How much did you charge? I think everyone would like to know how you managed such a turnout.

Thanks and congrats on a job well done!
Janie

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 12:04 AM - Response #3

Wow, that is great, John! 7 events!!! That is impressive!! I am starting to plan for September 2012, 2 events. I will surely be calling on you. Hey,Congratulations on a job well done!!! Look forward to the photos! Bonita

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 6:22 AM - Response #4

700 sophomores entered PHHS in the Fall of 1958. The largest class to date since 1869.

529 graduated in June 1961. We built a list of 600 including some who moved away, didn't complete all their required classes, etc. 25 were on our missing list, 120 are deceased, leaving ~470 living.

1 golf outing Friday $35
2 luncheon on Friday $17
3 two-hour river cruise on a chartered 118 passenger boat $12
4 mixer Friday evening $2 w/cash bar, pizza
5 Saturday tour of our high school $1
6 narrated history tour of our town on trolley busses $2
7 reception & dinner at a hotel convention facility $55

We hired a pro photographer ($500) for the weekend. We own all the images and will make them available online to view and/or download.

A Reunion Video company approached us to create a video at their expense. They will offer the video to all class members @ $29 in about two weeks.

Edited 07/20/11 6:29 AM
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 6:28 AM - Response #5

I arranged for a radio interview on the local station the Thursday before the weekend. It ran during morning drive-time. Here's a link to the 14 minute interview with our class president and myself:

http://podcast.wphm.net/wphm/3013665.mp3

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 9:13 AM - Response #6

Congratulations John to you and your Classmates. Enjoyed the interview.

Sam - 1958 Atlanta RHS

Edited 07/20/11 9:15 AM
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 11:06 AM - Response #7

Well done, John. Our 50th is in 2012 & we're stretched for new ideas after having a 40th & 45th. We usually have a 3 day affair. I'm keeping a file on "Reunion Ideas" to run by our committee. I can't wait to share yours.

Congratulations once again!!!
John

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 1:44 PM - Response #8

Excellent! Our 45th is coming up Labor Day weekend. $45 for buffet dinner, cash bar, DJ at a golf lodge on Saturday night. Get together night before at a bar/lounge (no cover/ cash bar) after our high school football game where we will be recognized on the field. Earlier that Friday afternoon is a golf scramble for $14 at same golf course where event will be held. Saturday afternoon is a tour of a new addition to our high school followed by Mass at 4:00. (Catholic HS). We have 245 living with only 8 unaccounted for. 186 email addresses but only 124 of those have joined our site. We are calling the 62 we have emails for but haven't joined this week. Those we don't have emails for were sent a letter. Most were called last fall. We mailed cute save the date magnets (Vistaprint) to everyone last Fall. However we only have 35 classmates signed up 45 days in advance with another 6-8 guests. Our history shows most sign up in last 3 weeks or so. We had 105 total including guests 5 years ago and charged the same. Different location. About half utilizing the charge feature on the website. Others mailing checks. So far so good. Smile

Janie

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.