ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

credits in photo galleries

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/19/10 09:11 PM Views: 1570 Replies: 8
Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 9:11 PM

For photos to be credited to the person submitting them, at least two classmates have to submit photos to a gallery section, one of whom is not a website administrator. The explanation I got from the website’s support staff is that usually administrators submit photos first and they don’t want to be credited.

The problem is that administrators are not always the first submitters to a gallery. This means the gallery's comment "...all photos you add will be credited to you inside your gallery!" is not true for a classmate who is the only submitter to a gallery.

Suggestion 1 (my preferred solution): Give administrators the option of being credited and credit everyone else.

Or, Suggestion 2: Don't credit administrators and credit everyone else.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 10:32 PM - Response #1

If only 1 gallery exists in a Community Gallery we skip the Polaroid thumbnail page and jump right to the gallery itself. We only stop at the Polaroid page if 2 or more galleries exist. Which of course means the poster's name gets lost if there is currently only 1 gallery within a Community Gallery. When that's the case I still think we should skip the Polaroid page because it's not necessary, but we should put a photo credit above the gallery. I'll submit this to programming, thanks.

Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 1:48 AM - Response #2

Terrific. Thanks a lot. I agree that's a good solution. And thanks for the quick response. I've had several email exchanges with Kyle, and he always responds almost immediately. Great service.

Lane

Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 8:17 AM - Response #3

We had this same discussion about a month ago.

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=0D84F360-E055-20BC-3937B60374A66540#0D84F360-E055-20BC-3937B60374A66540

Is this the same workaround? I've been watching for it.

Edited 05/20/10 8:34 AM
Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 1:12 PM - Response #4

While we are on the topic...I have a question. (I agree with the above issue.)

My age group is not tech savy. They often have pics to share in a gallery, but literally cannot do it. They get stressed, rattled, and give up. I am trying very hard to bring them to a point where the are in the 21st century, but for the sake of the site and to promote good will, I have been putting the pics up for one or two of them. This involves password manipulation so that they get credit for the pictures. I go in as the classmate.

Is it possible at some time in the future to have it set up so that admins can put up pictures and just supply the classmate's name and it appears they have actually posted them in the gallery/album?

The more they see their name on the site, the more they try to participate.

Thanks,
Margaret

Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 3:56 PM - Response #5

Will run this past the programmer, thanks Margaret.

Friday, May 21, 2010 at 8:26 AM - Response #6

Thank you, sir!

Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 3:09 PM - Response #7

Margaret '68, admin wrote:

Is it possible at some time in the future to have it set up so that admins can put up pictures and just supply the classmate's name and it appears they have actually posted them in the gallery/album?

The more they see their name on the site, the more they try to participate.
Thanks,
Margaret

While I am only 3+ months behind reading this post, Margaret, I must say, you have an Idea excellent suggestion. I hope the programmers will make it happen. I think my class of 1961 either have no grandchildren or simply lost out on the computer age altogether.Sad

I'm starting to think when our 50th Reunion is past--to convert my remaining 8+ years left on our subscription to either a multi-year site or just giving it to a "younger generation."

Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 9:53 PM - Response #8

Our next Gallery Creator update will include some new abilities, but won't be in the works until late Fall.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.