ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

no cover photo for gallery with more than 1 picture

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/02/11 03:47 PM Views: 1076 Replies: 8
Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM

i am the root administrator. have 2 classmate photo folders in the photo gallery so far. one created by a classmate, properly displays a cover picture, but mine personal photo folder, which contains 2 pictures, does not. i removed and recreated my photo folder in the folder gallery, but still no cover picture appears. i notice that when logged onto this forum that my profile picture does appear either. suggestions ?? THANKS

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 3:56 PM - Response #1

Hi Joe:

Under Gallery Creator, Click on your gallery and then choose "Edit Photos" you should be able to click one of the radio buttons next to one of the 2 photos and choose it as your "cover photo".

To have your photo show up in these Help Forums with your posts, click on the "My Settings" at the top of the page and you should see both your yearbook photo (if you've uploaded it) and other photos you've added to your profile. This system doesn't captures images from a Gallery. Once you upload a shot to your profile on your website, it will be shown in the photos section of "My Settings" and you can select that to appear with your posts here.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 4:46 PM - Response #2

thanks coach.
did get the pic to this forum, but the problem still remains in the website photo gallery. i had previously done what you suggested, and have do so again, but no cover picture appears. I've tried to assign different pictures, but still same result. i did created a ficticous classmmate profile and was able to create a folder for that classmate and upload a picture which proplerly displayed on the cover, so likely something else is amiss with my personal profile settings.

Since i am the root adiminstrator, i could likely remove my classmate profile and then reenter myself as a classmate. That might be easier than trying to debug the problem ? Sound like a plan??

thanks
joe

Edited 03/02/11 4:46 PM
Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 5:45 PM - Response #3

Joe, I think this is one for Kyle, Scott, Brad or Jessica to figure out.

Good looking photo, BTW.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 6:01 PM - Response #4

Here is what I did to make your gallery have a cover photo.

Gallery Creator,
Edit the gallery,
Filter the photos by your name
Click on the COVER PHOTO radio button
Then save the gallery.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 9:27 PM - Response #5

thanks very much, as the cover is now correct.
when i go to gallery creater under admin functions, i have 2 choices:
1) edit the "photo gallery"
2) edit the "pics to share"

in both, i do not find the option to "filter the photos by your name". so something is still not quite right on my site or i am missing something still. what do you think?

thanks again

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM - Response #6

Here is EXACTLY what I did, not from memory this time.

Gallery Creator,
Click on PHOTOS (not EDIT)
View Photos From: choose your name from the drop-down.
choose a cover photo.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 10:06 PM - Response #7

Thanks Kyle.

you are exactly right. i was not translating "filter" into choosing by name. kind of the old thing of having blinders on and not seeing exactly what you meant. appreciate your patience.

thanks again:

Edited 03/02/11 10:06 PM
Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 10:06 PM - Response #8

you're welcome.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.