ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Two Column List

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/18/14 08:17 PM Views: 698 Replies: 9
Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM

I want to create a two column list for a new link and for the life of me can't figure out how to do it. Maybe it's not possible? Please help. Question Question

Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 11:11 PM - Response #1

Have you tried a two-column table? What have you tried?

Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 11:20 PM - Response #2

Yes, I did, but it didn't work, but it could have been operator error. Trying to make it a numbered list messed it up, so maybe I need to give up the numbers. And the information is currently in a Word document, which I was hoping to copy and paste. So you think the two column table is the answer?

Monday, May 19, 2014 at 9:16 AM - Response #3

The best way to format text into a column format is with tables. You can keep your work in a Word document, but I recommend Copy/Paste each column separately into it's own table cell. That way, you can avoid pasting most of Word's hidden codes. It also might work to turn on the line numbering in Word and then paste with the line numbers from Word. If that doesn't work, just forget the line numbers.

Monday, May 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Kyle, I'll try that. Wish me luck! Cool

Monday, May 19, 2014 at 8:25 PM - Response #5

Okay, I obviously didn't understand what you said because when I post my names from the word document into the table, the names don't go into each row, it looks like the go into one row. What I want to create seems so simple but apparently I didn't understand what you suggested so can you please explain it in the most simple way, step by step way. I have 98 names, I want to create 2 columns. Do I create the table first? Or paste the names first? How many rows? (48 for two columns? Seems obvious.) The width? What preferences do I need to set to create two columns of 48 names each. Or do I have to type (again!) every name into the table? Shocked

Monday, May 19, 2014 at 9:13 PM - Response #6

And the frustration increases! All I want are two columns. No borders or shading, just two columns of names. I know I'm not as stupid as the programming is making me feel. Can you look at an unpublished page? Here's the link:
http://www.lawndalehigh74.net/class_admin_pages_form.cfm?page_id=322596&rr=16282 Please tell me, in the simplest step-by-step language, what I need to do to create two columns without borders, lines or shading. Thank you! ShockedRolling Eyes

Monday, May 19, 2014 at 10:26 PM - Response #7

In the editor if you right click on the Table you will see an option for Table Properties. I set border to 0 and then clicked the advanced tab and removed the color code from the background area.

In the editor you will still see a light shading indicating where the table border is, however, that will not display on the page.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, May 19, 2014 at 10:55 PM - Response #8

Thank you, Jessica, for fixing the page for me. Still baffled, though, by your instructions. "In the editor..." Where is the editor? And my computer doesn't "right click". But thanks again, and hopefully I won't need to create another page like that one!!

Monday, May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM - Response #9

I just meant Edit Site Pages > choose the page and scroll down to the editor portion -- its just the admin window that lets you type in and make formatting.

On a Mac you can Right-click by holding down the Control key and clicking.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.