ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Tickets Purchase Options - Check or PayPal

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/11/08 09:07 AM Views: 1550 Replies: 6
Monday, August 11, 2008 at 9:07 AM

We would like to offer two ticket payment options for a reunion - a) check or b) PayPal.

We can easily add the necessary wording in the Reunion Details and the PayPal option in Items for Sale.

However, if we offer both check and paypal then in step two of the reunion registration process, there are two user scenarios:

1. Classmate selects one of the items for sale (and assumes they have a choice of payment methods)

2. Classmate doesn't select one of the items (tickets) for sale (thinking that they will send a check and don't need to "order" online)

With #1, when classmate gets to step 3, the only option is to click the "paynow" paypal button "Click the yellow Pay Now button below to submit your payment and complete the registration process." - and if they intended to pay by check, well....it's confusing. Do we need admin configs to change the wording and to provide a pay by check button?

With #2, when they get to step 3, they get the text message "The final step in the registration process is submitting your payment via Paypal." Which is not accurate. Would it be better to allow admin the option of controlling this message via configs. Could say "You need to send a check payable to xxx, by x/x/x, or you could pay online. Click, here for paypal"

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 9:53 AM - Response #1

I set up our reunion w/payment by paypal. However, alot of my classmates completed the registration, but just ignored that step if they were sending me a check via mail. I also sent out manual invoices (template from microsoft word) to every classmate w/a note if you registered/paid via on-line to disregard.

Hope this helps.

Beth Selmon Davis

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 11:45 AM - Response #2

1) We added this wording to the final page to try to make it more clear that somebody can pay by an alternative payment method: "You can now make payment online through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to submit your payment — you can use any Major Credit Card, as well as your PayPal account if you have one. Alternatively, if other forms of payment are being accepted (personal checks, etc), you may make your payment in accordance with the payment instructions listed on the main Reunion Informational page. The total for the items you are purchasing is listed below:"

2) It doesn't do that actually. If you don't purchase any items you can simply submit your registration. No PayPal button or corresponding verbiage is shown if the Classmate hasn't ordered anything.

Number one above is a temporary solution to something that can still be confusing based on how you are setting up your system (e.g. like in your case where two different payments options are offered for the same item). This process will be more clear for Classmates when we launch "Reunion Planner II" and replace the checkmark ordering system with a more traditional "Add To Cart" system.

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 12:19 PM - Response #3

Looking forward to Reunion v2... let me know if you want a beta tester.

What a great product you have in Class Creator! Thanks.

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 1:18 PM - Response #4

One more little tweak.

At the bottom of the page on step 3, it says:

"Click the yellow Pay Now button below to submit your payment and complete the registration process."

The 'complete the registration process' is confusing given the (possible) option to pay by check...

Maybe just change last line to:

"If you'd like to use PayPal, click the yellow Pay Now button below. Otherwise you registration is now complete."

IF in fact that is true (registration is complete) without the classmate executing Step 3 of 3.

On the other hand if Step 3 has to be completed for the classmate's registration to be recorded (if they have selected some items for purchase, like tickets) we'll need another button at the bottom on the step 3 screen - "continue without making online payment" so that they can actually execute step 3.

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 1:30 PM - Response #5

Sorry for all the separate replies....

If a classmate registers, and does not select any item offered for sale, when they get to step 3, they see a message:

"The final step in the registration process is submitting your payment via Paypal."

But there are no buttons or links to PayPal, so it appears to the classmate they have not really registered.

Maybe Step 3 message (when no items have been selected for purchase) should be "Success - you have registered. Please see the main Reunion page for information on submitted payment. And don't forget to update your profile!"

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 2:06 PM - Response #6

Hmmm. It did do this previously, more or less. We recently made a few tweaks in there -- apparently a snafu occurred somewhere along the line. I'll check this out later this afternoon when I have a moment. Thanks for calling this to my attention. Any issues found will be resolved.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.