ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

EDIT>SAVE CHANGES>NOTIFY CLASSMATES

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/02/15 09:42 PM Views: 1040 Replies: 2
Friday, October 2, 2015 at 9:42 PM

Hello!
Usually when I edit and make changes to the Home Page,And I'm done, I make sure that I click on, "SAVE CHANGES",and make sure the checkbox is checked, if I want to notify all classmates.
......BUT, what happens if I do all this, then go back out of 'EDIT', view the HOME PAGE, the changes are done, but I never once received any email notification of newly edited Homepage?
Do I now have to EMAIL BLAST ALSO????
I always received emails, but not today.
Please advise.
Jim

Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 12:03 AM - Response #1

Looking at my class profile list today, I found that there were several profiles shown as updated, and found two with new comments posted yesterday - plus one with a comment posted over a week ago - but so far I have not received any notify emails at either of my two email addresses or the email address of my test member for those changes. They did show up in the What's New page though

While notify emails usually work as expected, unfortunately there are times when we can't count on them. Notify emails are a major trigger feeding site activity, and Class Creator really needs to take a good look at the reasons when they fail to work as they should.

Monday, October 5, 2015 at 9:46 PM - Response #2

I agree...I get updates that are so old..it's not worth looking at..and sometimes I get notified when nothing has changed.
I never get any site mail before my admins..since I have it forwarded from Comcast...who gives me fits..it takes forever for them to get me emails..I use thunderbird for email program. Comcast has lots of problems in our town..My internet and phone have been down most of the month of Sept. After many techs I finally unplugged their modem for 5 days..I guess that fixed it..I think they thought I was about to dump them. I plugged it in..installed my new router and router extender...and it's been great for the last 7 days. I hate doing the hardware part of the puter..but I am so versed on Router/Modem setting and trouble shooting...never to old to learn something new. Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.