ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Product Not Showing on Event Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/25/15 11:34 AM Views: 1177 Replies: 8
Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Hi,
I just sent up my event planner and have tried linking a product to the page. The product (30 Year Mug) shows on the Event Planner Dashboard, however it does not show on the "Live" event page. I've tried several different settings and refreshing several times as well as trying different browsers. Am I missing something or is there a glitch?
Thanks!
Bill
(www.pahsclassof85.com)

Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 11:51 AM - Response #1

Oh boy... I just answered my own question. It appears the products do not show until the check out process. Sorry, I guess it does state that in the product manager section of the event planner, I just didn't read that part completely.

However, I'm not really fond of that procedure. Wouldn't it make more sense to be able to see the products and add them to the cart before the check-out procedure? (I see donations works the same way.)
Bill

Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 12:49 PM - Response #2

Hi Bill,

We followed the format many event registration systems use for follow-up sales during the event registration process. Since some users are simply registering for the even all of the event registration comes first and while they already have their wallet out to pay for the event you present them with donations and products as follow-up items that do not interfere with the initial registration process. Products can also have their own page outside of the planner so users who do not wish to register for the event but wish to purchase a t-shirt or a mug can do so outside of the registration system.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 1:31 PM - Response #3

I agree with Bill, it is annoying. Yes some sites do that and I also find those very annoying. Makes much more sense to see the products BEFORE.

Ask this question: Who wants to go through the paying procedure AGAIN and AGAIN?

IOW, copying something that doesn't flow well is not recommended for CC.

Keeping it outside on it's own page is a solution, but since they already have their wallet out, wouldn't it make more sense to present it all at once? Imagine if all shopping carts did that - only show some products AFTER you bought one - would drive me crazy.

Just another POV hereWink

Jessica wrote:

Hi Bill,

We followed the format many event registration systems use for follow-up sales during the event registration process. Since some users are simply registering for the even all of the event registration comes first and while they already have their wallet out to pay for the event you present them with donations and products as follow-up items that do not interfere with the initial registration process. Products can also have their own page outside of the planner so users who do not wish to register for the event but wish to purchase a t-shirt or a mug can do so outside of the registration system.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 1:53 PM - Response #4

They choose the donations and products before they pay. They simply finish any items related to the registration first like names attending, meal selection if there is one etc and the next page before the final checkout is any products or donations.

Keeping it outside on its own page is for users to are not registering but still wish to purchase the products.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 2:08 PM - Response #5

Yes, the "own page" is for those not registering Very Happy

Didn't know that the products/etc appear after registering since still waiting for stability. Doesn't make a big difference to my view.

Seeing new things appear AFTER you've done one step still is not how I like a site to work. That's the reaction Bill and I have.

For another example, I like to see everything, products, tax, shipping etc right up front. Not that these details apply to CC but the concept is the same. Again many sites keep all this invisible until you keep going on the checkout process. Annoying methodology.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 10:39 PM - Response #6

Jessica,

I understand where you are coming from, and since we aren't offering to ship our product, as in it can only be picked up at one of our events, then this will work fine for us. (I know we can sell separately in the store, but we're not using it since we are not shipping.) However, I still would prefer to see the item(s) up front as explained before... or at least give us the option to present it that way.

Also, when the products come up during check out... the full description does not. Just the photo and short description. That being said, I have to give more details about the item somewhere else on the site.

Bill

Edited 06/26/15 10:41 AM
Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 10:48 PM - Response #7

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Yes, the "own page" is for those not registering Very Happy

Didn't know that the products/etc appear after registering since still waiting for stability. Doesn't make a big difference to my view.

Seeing new things appear AFTER you've done one step still is not how I like a site to work. That's the reaction Bill and I have.

For another example, I like to see everything, products, tax, shipping etc right up front. Not that these details apply to CC but the concept is the same. Again many sites keep all this invisible until you keep going on the checkout process. Annoying methodology.

The other thing that makes this really confusing is the fact that the products DO show up on the events page when viewed in "preview" mode. Wink

Friday, June 26, 2015 at 5:04 PM - Response #8

Hi Bill,

The preview has to be able to show multiple pages of the checkout process on one screen.

I've asked the programmer if we can fit in a more link that would show the longer description for the product if there is one on that page.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.