ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class picture on the homepage

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/29/08 09:47 PM Views: 1181 Replies: 2
Monday, September 29, 2008 at 9:47 PM

I have a fellow classmate that has our class photo. She put the class photo in her profile and asked me about putting it on our homepage. I copied it and put it on our homepage. Which worked UNTIL I logged out and re-entered because then the picture wouldn't open. Do I need to give her administration rights and she can put it on the homepage herself? ANY suggestions?
Thanks!

Lucy Cielocha

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 12:01 AM - Response #1

Never copy and paste photos into your site. Based on exactly what you're doing, it won't work for a variety of reasons. Even if it does work, it may not continue to work (for instance, if your Classmate deletes the photo, it'll also delete it from where you pasted it). Instead do this:

1) Right click on that photo and save it to your computer
2) Then upload it to your home page using the yellow image button

This way you can ensure that it will not only work, but also won't go away if the photo gets removed from its original location.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 12:09 AM - Response #2

Thanks! That makes perfect sense...now! After I copied the photo and saw it on our homepage (once) I deleted it from her profile so the picture wouldn't be a duplicate. YIKES! Bad idea! So, I've asked her to reload it into her profile again. I will save this time to my computer and follow YOUR directions! THANKS!
Lucy Cielocha

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.