ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Decoding stored photo URLs

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/26/10 08:03 PM Views: 1572 Replies: 2
Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Photos saved into the albums via the Gallery Creator end up with individual URLs like this one:

http://s3images.classcreator.com/12281/004/7184/188408.jpg

I think the 7184 is probably my class's CC account number and the number 188408 is a consecutive number assigned by the overall Gallery Creator system from CC. But what do the other numbers mean?

I bring this up because someone else has asked me how to utilize an image they've saved in their Gallery within a content page. My suggestion was to determine the URL of the Gallery image and paste that URL in the image URL line in the page editor.

How would another CC client's URL be different from mine?

As I recall from some previous thread, these Gallery images aren't shown in the File Vault or the Image Vault, but they are counted towards to the total storage limits.

Finally, is there a way to display a specific Gallery within a different content page -- or even on another CC site.

Here's a Gallery showing different school buildings in Port Huron: http://www.porthuronhighschool.info/class_gallery.cfm?gallery_id=7184.

Is there a way I could place that Gallery on a new "History of Port Huron Schools" page? Or could I allow another PHHS class with a CC site to use that Gallery on their website? Rolling Eyes

Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 8:59 PM - Response #1

There's John always keeping me on my toes. Smile

1) What do the numbers mean: Isn't that a good question? I have no idea but I'll find out the answer for you. We're probably feeding these to the Amazon.com cloud with some logic as you've suggested.

2) Determining full URL of image: When in gallery edit mode you see your thumbnail listings. Below each listing is an Edit Photo button. Don't click the Edit Photo button, instead click directly on the thumbnail image to maximize it. Once you've done this you can right click the image to get or copy the image URL based on the browser you're using.

3) Reusing the image: Yes, you can paste in the full path to the image, correct.

4) URL differences: In terms of simple image storage the URL would look similar, other than ID #'s we're using as suggested in #1. I'll be back Monday but will probably have an answer before then.

5) Gallery images not in File Vault: Correcct, will change this so they're reusable from there after system overhaul.

6) How can you display a gallery and/or slideshow on a different content page: You can't. Yet. That will be coming though in the form of a widget on the new Widgets page. I.E. you'll be able to use an upcoming slideshow widget to turn your galleries into embed code that can be pasted onto any page.

7) Reusing a gallery across multiple sites: I don't see any reason that won't be possible with the upcoming slideshow widget. Will need to find out for sure.

Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 1:44 PM - Response #2

I'm sending #1 privately to you, I'd rather not have this info public.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.