ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Reunion Attendees

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/10/13 11:40 PM Views: 1180 Replies: 11
Friday, May 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM

When I look at the profile page and click on those attending our reunion I see the name of one classmate that has not registered to attend. I go to the reunion planner and try do delete her name from the list of attendees but her name is not there!

I have a glich and so does my website. Can you help? (just the website..I have to live with my personal glich)

JIM

Monday, May 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM - Response #1

The classmate profiles page will reflect not only those who have actually registered for the event, but also those who have indicated within their profile their intention (Yes/No/Maybe) of if they plan to attend. This particular person must have indicated that they intend to attend, but just has not registered.

Monday, May 13, 2013 at 7:03 PM - Response #2

Sorry, Scott and CC... but the option on the profile page is not my favorite and from the recent comments in these forums, it is causing admins extra work. To me, it is not only the admins who are considering wrong information, classmates are as well.

I would like to see the reunion planner as being the only source for the number attending - not a question in the profiles.

I wonder if the profile question might be changed. Here is my thought:

• Do not include an 'attending' option
  • Make it that when a classmate registers/pays via reunion planner (whether they pay online or are manually entered) their registration is linked to the attending number on the profile page.
  • Hopefully, the number of those attending will still open the list and each name will be linked to the profiles of each person attending.
  • In the profile question, offer the option to choose: Maybe or Not attending. This should not be a question that has an option to be required. (This is key for planners who may wish to contact those who choose the Maybe option.)

I may be missing something. There may be something important that requires the question remain as is. This is just what I have been thinking for some time.

For those who read this, the current info found in the Profile Generator about the profile question is:

"This "Attending Reunion" question will automatically become active if you go into your Reunion Planner link and begin planning a reunion. It is strongly recommended you leave this question active while planning a reunion. When classmates see others are attending your reunion they are more likely to also attend. Keeping this question active will place "Attending Reunion" icons next to the names of any Classmates attending your reunion on your Classmate Profiles page (very helpful). Deactivating this question will remove the "Attending Reunion" icons.
(check box here) Active
(check box here) Require classmates answer this question when joining site or editing profile"

As we have learned, the Reunion Planner is scheduled to be rebuilt after Class Connection is released. So this is not a 'do it now' request. It is a... what do you think? Wink

Monday, May 13, 2013 at 8:17 PM - Response #3

Because it looked like it might cause confusion and require more work on my part I don't give classmates the option to indicate on their profiles if they're coming to an event or not. I let only the reunion planner registration control what is on profiles. That may not work for some but it does for me.

Edited 05/15/13 4:23 PM
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM - Response #4

Gwen - I'll pass that along for consideration.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 8:29 AM - Response #5

So I can I delete it.....her name does not show up on the attendees list and the options does not show up on her details page or profile page.

Is there a way to stop classmates from registering on the website?

JD

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 3:33 PM - Response #6

Jim, What is your classmate's name that you are inquiring about above? Also, I am not sure why you would want to prevent / stop classmates from being able to join your site.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 5:05 PM - Response #7

I don't want them to stop joining the site just not register for the reunion on the site. sorry!

Her last name is O'Connell

J

Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 5:23 PM - Response #8

You can deactivate an event and therefore remove the ability to register via the reunion planner by going to the Reunion Planner Edit page and down to the event... click show more and uncheck the option for Active (you can unchecked without losing any information).

Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM - Response #9

I think I have done that for another event during that week that we are announcing but not responsible for registrations. If I go to the reunion planner the only event we are responsible for is the reunion. How do I stop folks from registering on the website for the reunion without deleting the entire reunion notice and information or can I even do that?

What about the classmate O'ConnellZ? Have we figured out what to do about her?

JD

Edited 05/16/13 6:14 PM
Friday, May 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM - Response #10

Patrick, Could you please give us a call at 734-585-5605. It may be easier for me to understand exactly what you would like me to do for O'Connell and we can discuss the rest at the same time.

Thanks
Scott

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM - Response #11

Patrick, Could you please give us a call at 734-585-5605. It may be easier for me to understand exactly what you would like me to do for O'Connell and we can discuss the rest at the same time.

Thanks
Scott

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.