ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Why is "Bitmap" Appearing on Editing Site Pages

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/12/11 12:08 PM Views: 1141 Replies: 2
Monday, September 12, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Listofalumsattending_ver-g2.xls

I spent 3 hours last night trying to unsuccessfully correct this problem and am at wit's end. I wanted a "Who's Coming !" page on our site. The source information is kept in an Excel *.xls file. I converted to Word by Pasting it into a blank Word document. Repeatedly, two specific names will be displaced down one line with the name surrounded by a box border. A blank area will be left on the upper line. I have edited these errors

If I then use your "Paste From Word" Tool, the uploaded file will have the words "bitmap" (in some cases "bitmap bitmap" in front of those two specific names. What goes?

What is the meaning of "Ignore Font Face definitions" and "Remove Styles definitions"?

Monday, September 12, 2011 at 12:28 PM - Response #1

When I paste from your spreadsheet, then VIEW SOURCE, I see this image graphic
file:///C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif

Since it is local to your hard drive, I cannot see what it is supposed to be. That is translating to "bitmap"

NOTE: not all of the images are named the same, but I think all of them end in ".gif".

Monday, September 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM - Response #2

Word has internal Font and Style definitions that are best removed for future modifications. It can get pretty messy if one looks in source view. Removing either one can leave you with some cleanup work to make it look as intended duplicating the original), but the end result will be easier to modify in the future.

The CC default for the import is just the fonts since it's easy to have fonts that are not generic web fonts.

In your case I imagine it's not as important since you probably will not modify that page directly or often.

Your page looks OK on CC - pretty nice job.

I also duplicated what did, but with no modifications. It all looked ok with no "bitmap" text. Those words indicate that somehow a bitmap graphic was inserted at the locations you reference when you fixed the names.

After Kyle's post I looked closer and then I saw the same thing. Didn't see bitmap text - maybe I just didn't look close enough??

(PS posted page on CC does not have those images, so somehow you removed them?)

Edited 09/12/11 1:02 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.