ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Website or Web Site?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/16/09 12:34 PM Views: 1399 Replies: 5
Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I just have to ask this as I am wondering if there is a preferred or more correct spelling for the phrase Website / Web Site?

Is one or the other better searched or found by the web crawlers?

I have personally been using the phrase "Website" on my website.

"Curious George" Rolling Eyes

Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 6:46 PM - Response #1

I've switched from web site to website. Wikipedia says website, though gives web site as an alternative.

By the way, I'm from eastern MN, too (North Branch)! We used to compete against you in sports. Small world!

By the way, you have a great website -- or is it web site?! Wink

Edited 04/16/09 6:51 PM
Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 7:41 PM - Response #2

Well...Howdy "neighbor"....nice to meet a fellow Minnesotan! Very Happy

I see your site is almost of the same Vintage as my site...but I am one year less Vintaged than you...lol!

I envy the younger classes that were lucky enough to have a Mascot logo and colored yearbook pictures.

Your Website is great too...I think I stole some stuff from your site....er I mean borrowed. Embarassed

Edited 04/16/09 7:41 PM
Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 7:47 PM - Response #3

Guess the "stealing" goes both ways -- my sticky fingers are lifting your "Class Reunion" poem! My thanks to you -- or to Mr. Anonymous. Are you still in Moose Lake? My dad grew up in Wright and went to high school in Cromwell. I'm out in Oregon now.

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 6:46 AM - Response #4

Claudia (Sticky Fingers)....steal away....everyone has so many good ideas here it is fun to share and trade.

Your site has some interesting link topics. With the new password protection is hard to view all areas of people's websites anymore....makes it harder to borrow good ideas. Confused

We all should have designated "Open House" days similar to the Tour of Homes for our websites where we open up our site for a day to Forum visitors. Then we could walk through (in stocking feet of course) and browse. Very Happy

I PM'd you about your other questions....

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 8:36 AM - Response #5

When I wrote some books on education and technology, the publisher's/editor's guidelines required Web site. This particular publisher specializes in the library and media sciences market; so I would think they have some credibility regarding your question.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.