ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Adding faculty to the site

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/30/10 11:52 AM Views: 1334 Replies: 6
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I think that I need to use "guest member" to do this, right?

I would like to create all of these profiles, including adding photos... many of these folks are deceased. I would like add their profiles to remember them to our classmates.

The only other approach I came up with ... simply scan yearbook pages as photos - I could crop them down to single photos. I would rather have the (living as well as deceased) faculty as site members, though.

You guys are a veritable fount of helpfulness. Any suggestions for this one?

Thanks - -

Dorothy

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 12:01 PM - Response #1

On single class year sites the best approach is to add them as displaying Guest Members, you are correct. On multi year sites we have a Teacher Profiles feature, so anyone running a multi year site you'd want to add teacher info there, including info for any teachers who are deceased.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 12:55 PM - Response #2

Is there a way for me, as an Admin, to create a profile on behalf of someone else? If so, that would resolve my problem.

I have also posted a request for Faculty functionality in single year sites, but that likely will not change in time to help me!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 4:28 PM - Response #3

Sure you can create a Profile for somebody else. Just make sure you don't actually join the web site as that person -- that you DON'T want to do.

Instead:

1) Click your Classmate Profiles link
2) Click the Enter/Edit Classmates button
3) At the top of the page select the second radio button, allowing Admin-entered Classmate Profile info to display to members.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 7:11 PM - Response #4

OK, tried this, but it looks pretty crappy.

(The scanned photo is also crappy, but I'm working on that. Separate problem.)

Site Stella64
Guest member (test for faculty profiles) S. Marie Therese

Any suggestions on how to make this look better?

I do have current photos of some of the nuns - so it would be nice to capture both the yearbook photos and the newer photos - easily done with a real profile, but they can't create their own profiles.

Thanks for any suggestions - if all else fails, I will put photos into the photo gallery, but that was not my first choice!

Thanks

Dorothy

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 7:27 PM - Response #5

Is there no actual text content you're adding? Just photos? It would look better if you had actual content in there, that's primarily what the option was for. I didn't realize you were just looking for a place to upload photos for people who will or can never join the site.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 8:16 AM - Response #6

I thought that I had added a sentence or two. I just did that. It looks better now - yesterday it kept coming up with a banner of "Are you Sister Marie Therese? Click here to join the site!"

The problem is that most of these folks have died - this is our 47th reunion year - so will not be joining the site.

I will try a couple more, including the yearbook photo and a more recent photo.

Thanks for your help - over and out on this one.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.