ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Searching for a Forum Message

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/13/14 12:46 PM Views: 1010 Replies: 11
Saturday, December 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Is there a way for me to see all posts by a particular member in the forums without going into each forum individually?

Saturday, December 13, 2014 at 1:47 PM - Response #1

At the top of this forum, where it says "Search for" just key in the Author' name (as it shows here on the left side). This name is entered all the way over on the right. Click Search and it brings up all posts by that author. (Leave everything else blank or default)

Monday, December 15, 2014 at 2:52 PM - Response #2

Barbara,

Does what Jack said answer your question or were you referring to your website's User Forums?

Monday, December 15, 2014 at 9:45 PM - Response #3

lol I think you are right Kyle, I think she is referring to the website forum.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 8:59 AM - Response #4

Thanks Jack but yes, Kyle...I am referring to forums on my website.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM - Response #5

Incidentally - although I am subscribed to this thread I did not receive any emails when either Jack or Kyle replied. I just came back here and found the replies.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 at 9:06 AM - Response #6

Forum Moderator wrote:

Thanks Jack but yes, Kyle...I am referring to forums on my website.

Any word on how to do this?

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 at 7:16 PM - Response #7

Hi Barbara,

It is a bit of a two step process on the website user forums. If you search a name it says no matches on the screen that comes up after the search, however, if you search again on that screen using one of the match options (exact name, any word, etc.) it will include the name as part of that search. The initial search I believe only searches the topics.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 at 12:02 AM - Response #8

For my type of forum, the search does not match post Author Names. IOW, if I search for my name, nothing shows up even though I started 2 topics.

It does work for searching the posts.

Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 9:33 PM - Response #9

Why isn't there a search mechanism for Message Forums? We have both Message Forum and User Forums and use them differently. It doesn't seem like it would be that much trouble to make the Message Forum searchable. There is a very obvious benefit to searchability, and it is a disservice not to provide that feature.

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 9:46 PM - Response #10

I just tried the search in the Message Forum and it did seem to work...but it would be good to know exactly what you can put in that search box.

For example, if I put in the name of classmate, does it return messages from that person, about that person or both?

Can I put in multiple terms? Etc.

Friday, June 30, 2023 at 1:34 AM - Response #11

Hi Richard,

When you start the search process it takes you to the results page where you can do a more specific search. https://www.whhs64.org/class_forums_search.cfm? If you search any word on this page it gives more results. The user forms are no longer being updated, however, we still allow admins to use them and add them when requested - we just don't have an ongoing development happening with that feature.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.