ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

CC should complete PayPal transaction with confirmation

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/22/14 09:56 AM Views: 786 Replies: 3
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 9:56 AM

So far two classmates chose PayPal to pay, but did not complete the PayPal checkout, i.e., no PayPal payment was collected, so I did not get a PayPal notification of payment. Since businesses use PayPal, they must receive a notification of the completed PayPal transaction before completing their own transaction. ClassCreator needs to implement this capability to prevent the confusion of a person registering for an event to pay via PayPal then not completing the PayPal transaction with the result that ClassCreator shows the person has registered (payment due), but I will not get a payment confirmation from PayPal to enter on the Attendee page. Because CC does not process a PayPal acknowledgement, when the PayPal payment is not completed, I have to (a) delete the registration and (2) contact classmates to redo their registration.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 12:57 PM - Response #1

Yes you are correct. The current PayPal integration was something that could be turned on by request, but as you stated was not a robust integration. Most people are only using credit card processing.

While this isn't going to help you this time, the new Event Planner we're about to release has a terrific PayPal integration. For any future class events you'll really enjoy the new features here. The new planner has been redesigned from the ground up with numerous customer suggestions integrated.

We unfortunately got a bit sidetracked with some IT issues we're working through this week (should be fully solved by tomorrow I believe), but then we'll be back to getting the new Event Planner out the door finally. It really is a whole new world. For the moment on the current planner if you've activated PayPal you'll need to remind anyone who didn't complete their payment that they do in fact need to pay. I apologize this is a less than ideal PayPal solution but on the current planner that's as good as the PayPal integration gets.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM - Response #2

I’m really looking forward in the new Event Planner. It will coincide with our 5th anniversary of the launching of our class website (09/22/2009).
We have an Advanced Design #2 and Digitized Yearbooks that will go live on 9/22/2014.
Hopefully, will be one of the first to start using Event Planner for our 40 Year Class Reunion. According to our survey it looks like Labor Day weekend 2015. We were kind of surprised with the results. Everyone was telling us that holidays were for families.

Thanks for all your team's hard work, Brad

Do you need Betas? Gammas? No, that will turn you into the Hulk(R). Beta's could be the Bulk.

Scott

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM - Response #3

We're going to release it in beta. So while we won't be forming a beta group this time, anyone who uses it while under the beta label should give us feedback, point out any problems, etc. We're waiting on the finalization of some interface elements currently, and the resolution to some tech issues that surfaced late last week, and then we'll be rolling out the Event Planner beta.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.