ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Merging survey info

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/25/09 03:38 PM Views: 1271 Replies: 6
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Is there a way to merge the survey feedback into a printable, editable document. We plan on using a survey to obtain the information for our program, and I was hoping to be able to somehow merge it into the Word document that I am using to produce the program.

Thanks

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 3:49 PM - Response #1

Will Cut & Paste work?

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 5:01 PM - Response #2

There is no survey data merge module, so yes, I'd agree with Kyle that cutting the info and pasting it into Word is your best bet.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 10:56 PM - Response #3

Perhaps an upgrade for the future!! Thanks

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 8:30 AM - Response #4

I reallyh like the layout of your homepage. How did you get the page so wide..... mine is long and narrow.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 12:02 PM - Response #5

It's actually what we refer to as a "blown out" page. I.E. elements on the page are too wide for the space available within the design, thus it's blowing the design out and makeing it wider than it's supposed to be.

Although wider pages are probably more visually appealing on new high resolution wide screen monitors, the problem with this is 4 out of 10 people still have a resolution width of 768 pixels. Thus if you insert elements into the designs that blow them out, 4 out of 10 of your Classmates will have the content cut off to the right. It would be kind of like producing a television commercial that 4 out of 10 people couldn't see. Designing for the web is very different, where one size fits all screens. On the web you have to look at user statistics as a whole and develop things that will serve everyone well.

Over time we'll be making wider designs to accommodate growing monitor sizes and screen resolutions, but that's probably at least a year away, as it will be some time before the majority of users at 768 resolution will have updated to new monitors.

Edited 02/26/09 12:04 PM
Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM - Response #6

THank you! You guys are great and this site is amazing!
Dena

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.