ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Creating an interactive forum

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/06/17 11:06 AM Views: 1091 Replies: 5
Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 11:06 AM

This is a suggestion from a classmate. She wants to be able to let classmates write comments or stories about their favorite teaches and for other classmates to comment on their posts. Kind of like you do on Facebook. In this instance it is Mrs. Hyman. Here is her question:
Hi, Esther! Glenn & I are ready (we think) to send out an invitation for people to submit stories to the web site about Miss Hyman (at first) but also any other teachers or fun things they remember.
> I'm attaching what we'd like you to put on "front page" (like you did the recent obituary) that will go out to everybody. Then, I will add submissions we've already received about once a week or so, hoping that others will join in, whether they had Miss Hyman or not.
> Genie has sent me instructions for people to go to the "edit profile" to add ones that haven't been sent to us yet. (That is in the introduction I'm attaching to this message.) However, I'm not clear about how to submit ones we've already received, as apparently only the person in the profile can "edit profile."Should I just copy & paste them into "Comments" on that person's page with a note that makes it clear it's not MY comment about that person, but rather his or hers?
> And do you send the message that someone has "commented" (like you've done with things Genie has written? Or does the system automatically do that??? WE DON'T WANT THIS TO BE ADDITIONAL WORK FOR YOU!
> we have one of Glenn's ready to submit with the invitation so people can get the idea, so let me know what you think when you have time.
>
Is my class website set up to do this and can you tell me how?
Thank you for any help you can give me.

This is what she wants posted on the Home Page and sent via email:
There are mixed stories and impressions of “Miss Hyman,” the tough English teacher at Stephen F. Austin High in the 1950's. To some, she was a dear and challenging teacher; to others, she was mean spirited and hard. Glenn Dowling has suggested that we share some of our experiences about Miss Hyman—somewhat random and unconnected events, some funny, some moving.

Glenn has contributed the first of what we hope will be a fun walk down memory lane. We recognized that not everyone was in one or more of Miss Hyman's classes, so we welcome contributions from anyone in the class of 1959. Several others have already sent their memories, and those will be added every week or so.

If you wish to join in the fun, just log on to your profile page. Click on EDIT PROFILE and place your contribution under COMMENTS.

“Hail, Bryan High School! Hat's off to you

Edited 05/06/17 11:14 AM
Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 11:42 AM - Response #1

This sounds like a good fit for the User Forum page. Start a thread for each teacher, and let people post their memories.

Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 1:39 PM - Response #2

I can't find a link to the User Forum Page.

Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 3:12 PM - Response #3

Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > you should see a link for "User Forums." If it's not there, perhaps CC Admin can add it for you.

Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 7:44 PM - Response #4

Esther,

Your USER FORUMS is called "Member Chatter", http://www.stephenfaustin-59.com/class_forums.cfm

Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 4:52 PM - Response #5

Thanks to everyone. You were a big help.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.