ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Add pdf to left side paged menu

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/03/19 12:53 PM Views: 118 Replies: 3
Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 12:53 PM

I have a pdf file that I want to put on a one button click in the left side member functions menu.

Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 4:23 PM - Response #1

Randy,

What you want to do is currently not possible. You can create a new page and then place the link on the page (2 clicks instead of one)

With the responsive designs menus, you can put your own links on the page, but they still can’t be mixed in to the menus. The responsive designs allow a link in the bottom sections of the website.

Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 4:45 PM - Response #2

Thank you Kyle, just getting use to linking PDF’s now, it was just a thought. Can embed code be put in the source to make it a one click off the menu?

Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 11:02 PM - Response #3

Yes you CAN do what you want - 1 click from left side menu:

Example of how this works:
go to our home page,
go down to Yearbook & Newspaper, then
go down to 1961 Annual Senior Pictures

click that and a PDF loads/displays. User can manually download PDF into standard Adobe viewer if they desire.

This is the code used to this (replace with your pdf file and vary iframe height to whatever you want - what's there should work though)

[P.S. keep PDF files under 10MB. Usually graphic PDF files can be reduced in size by quite a bit. The one here is 30% of original size - hence the "compressed" name.]

I've temporarily disabled locking the pages - but will lock them again in a week or so.

Edited 03/03/19 11:06 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.