ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notify Me Options

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/04/14 12:23 PM Views: 798 Replies: 5
Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Hello, guys.

Would it be possible for you change the wording on my Notify Me page?

Pages such as my In Memoriam page are still showing as their original names e,g. In Memory.

It's just that when I refer in emails to specific sections of the Notify Me page the words I use don't tally with the actual page wording.

Thanks,
Mark

Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM - Response #1

Sure, certainly. This applies to anyone who renames that page, which many do. On Notify Me the name "In Memory" is used twice. We'll just make that a variable that shows whatever you've renamed the page. Submitting to programming. Thanks for the good suggestion!

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 6:44 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Brad.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 12:50 PM - Response #3

On the subject of Notify Me options again, I've noticed that recently joined members have not been going to the Notify Me page to opt in to receive Emails from me or others. I don't believe this is because they don't want to but they seem not to have reacted to the Opt-In Message that goes out to new members.

I only realised they hadn't responded to the Opt In Message when I went to send an Email the Class message today and noticed that Opt-In Pending was showing against their names.

I've emailed 6 recently joined members again today to ask them to opt in via the Notify Me page in case they didn't actually receive the original Opt In Message at all.

Can you please give some thought to a simpler way to ensure that new members do opt in if they want to and, if that's not possible, some thought to alerting Admins to those who haven't. Some method of opting in via their Profile when they register would be ideal.

Thanks

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 2:04 PM - Response #4

You would need to do, as you have done and request that they opt in. If they indicate that they no longer have their opt in email, they can log in and there will be a link in their logged in box that will allow them to resend the opt in email to their email address.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 4:34 PM - Response #5

Couple things to note: When a member joins, some basic default Notify Me options are activated (marked once daily). None of them will actually work unless the mail opt-in is completed. It's two distinct things though. The initial settings of Notify Me are there by default, so the only thing that really needs to be done is the email opt in. After that (or before for that matter) the classmate can change any of the default Notify Me options.

If a classmate does not complete the opt in two things are visible on their interface that you, the Admin, never sees:

1) A message in the upper right corner of the home page apprises the classmate the opt in still needs to be completed. A "Resend opt in email" link is available there as well.

2) A Member link "Resent opt-in email" is present at all times under the Member Functions heading. This link remains there until the classmate completes the opt in.

All in all, it really is a pretty simple, non forgettable process. The classmate has the initial opt in email, two reminder links inside the site, and the ability to resend the opt-in email from two different places at all times. I'm not sure how we can make it any easier or more obvious than it already is, but of course we're always open to suggestions.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.