ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Our sites are about CONNECTIONS!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/04/13 07:16 PM Views: 903 Replies: 4
Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Putting the tissue down to share a wonderful connection made via my single and alumni class sites!

Yesterday, I received the following Contact Us message on my single year site:
"my brother was Mike (last name removed) who was killed in 1971,and wanted to see if there would any info or pictures of him that i could get,i know that he played baseball and was a pitcher,thank you for your time."

I remembered an alum a year younger dated the brother (my classmate) and sent her a brief email from the alumni site:
'Do I recall you dated Mike?' The reply was yes. My reply was short yet being sure not to give out a name or email address of the sister who wrote. Today's reply overwhelmed me. Here is the complete reply:

"What wonderful news Gwen. I would be honored to get in touch with (the sister). Please pass this note to (the sister) give her my email address – xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.net.

(the sister),

I started dating Mike xxxxxxxx .... when he was a senior and I was a junior. The weekend before he died he brought his (and Gwen’s) classmate Steve xxxxx up to my parents’ summer house in Wisconsin.

I think of Mike often. Since Gwen’s note last night, I have been in touch with my friend Debby who dated Mike’s brother Pat and with Debby’s brother Bobby who met Mike thru me and became his best friend. This is from Debby, Been thinking about them lately. Sitting in your living room with Pat, going to some dance. And from Bobby: It is so ironic that you bring this up as I was just reflecting yesterday on how very long it has been that Mike has been in the "Better Place". Needless to say, we would all be happy to get in touch (the sister).

My friend Patty briefly dated Buddy xxxx who also lived with Lois & Bob. And I’m sure she too will be thrilled to hear that Mike’s little sister has turned up.

Please get in touch with me at your earliest convenience."

Fellow admins, I am sure you understand that I have changed the names in the above quote - except for my own name. Moments ago, the one who dated Mike emailed:
"Thank you so very much Gwen. I have tears and goose bumps."

Admins: THIS is one of the many reasons our sites are so valuable.

Edited 06/04/13 7:45 PM
Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM - Response #1

Gwen,

I agree. I had a similar experience on a much smaller scale. The daughter of one of our deceased classmates contacted me a while back saying that she had been young when her Dad passed and she did not have many photos of him. Could we share any with her. So, I scanned and sent her copies of every photo of him in the yearbook. I also remembered that he had dated another classmate from about the 6th grade to shortly after graduation. I contacted her and asked if she had things she could share with the daughter and she was thrilled to do so. She gave me permission to share her email with the daughter so that she could contact her directly.

The daughter was very grateful to now have some memories to fill her void..

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM - Response #2

Oops. That was actually me above. I didn't realize that I was logged in under my email for my husband's fraternity alumni site. The experience I quoted was actually from my high school class - with this login ID.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM - Response #3

Another great story about how CC brings people together! That's great, Gwen. Bonita

Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM - Response #4

Today, I received this message from Mike's sister: "Hi Gwen,just wanted to tell you how wonderful it is to talk with (name removed) and how it has Blessed me,and i will never forget it.I will have this story to tell many for years to come. Thank you so very much!!"

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.