ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Question from Classmate

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/26/10 08:30 AM Views: 1207 Replies: 4
Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I received this message from a classmate and since I am a low tech computer person, I'm not sure how to answer his question. The question is below.
   Bill Catalena
08/26/10 08:14 AM

Hi Esther,
We got a new computer that I use for email & it doesn't work on our Class59 website. It says I must switch from 64 to 32bit. Could you tell me how to do this? The instructions I get on the screen don't work. And would you also add the birthdays for the last 3 months. I was puzzled as to why there were no responses to my emails, even though it said they were sent, apparently they weren't. I'm on our other computer now. Please make this simple for a dodo like me. THANKS!
Bill C.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 10:00 AM - Response #1

Several features of your site utilize Flash. Unfortunately Adobe hasn't yet released Flash for 64 bit operating systems. I'm sure they're working on that and it will probably be released soon. In the meantime the Classmate can use Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari. Or if they want to keep using Internet Explorer they just need to run the 32 bit browser version instead:

1) Click start in the lower left of the screen
2) In the search box type "Internet Explorer"
3) You'll see both 32 bit and 64 bit versions come up. Click on the 32 bit version.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 12:25 PM - Response #2

Thank you very much Brad. We all love you and appreciate you keeping us looking like a genius.
I will give my classmate this information.
Esther

Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 6:36 PM - Response #3

He also wants a list of birthdays for the last 3 months. Is there a way to do that?
Esther

Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM - Response #4

Esther,

You can use the Manage Classmates, Export Class List feature to create a spreadsheet. Then SORT the spreadsheet by Birthday MONTH and secondary sort field Birthday DAY, then just give him a list of those classmates with the birthdays for the last 3 months.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.