ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"Who's Coming" Block

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/10/08 04:41 PM Views: 1389 Replies: 8
Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 4:41 PM

I'm not sure if the feature is already there and I'm just missing it or not.

If it's not there, how about when a reunion is active, there is any automatic block of "who's coming" generated from all the user profiles that have "yes" selected for attendance.

Personally, I would find it encouraging to know a few of the ol' gang will be there - and would be more apt to RSVP yes myself if I was on the fence....

Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 4:48 PM - Response #1

that's kind of already there... if anyone wants to know who is /isn't coming all they have to do is click on "classmate profiles" and anyone who responded that they are in fact attending the reunion will have that little icon next to them.

Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 5:07 PM - Response #2

Yes, I see that now.

Still would be nice to have on every page - or at least on the active reunion page - a summary block of "who's coming" - I think it would encourage additional participation.

Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 5:59 PM - Response #3

I've made a note of this for "Reunion Planner II." Showing the attendee list on the reunion informational page would have to be optional, but we can pretty easily allow the attendee list to be displayed -- or not -- up to each Admin.

Show Reunion Attendees on reunion summary page.

That would do it right there.

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 8:38 AM - Response #4

Coolio! Thanks.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 11:49 PM - Response #5

I posted a tab manually, but I was thinking the same thing. We know who said they are coming and we know who registered, it would be great to see the difference, especially if we could email only them. Every time i send out a registration blast, the people who have already paid email me to make sure we got their reg and payment. Now i tell them this is going to everyone with a profile.

Monday, August 18, 2008 at 2:00 PM - Response #6

Thana Fineman wrote:

I posted a tab manually, but I was thinking the same thing. We know who said they are coming and we know who registered, it would be great to see the difference, especially if we could email only them. Every time i send out a registration blast, the people who have already paid email me to make sure we got their reg and payment. Now i tell them this is going to everyone with a profile.

There's a new feature in Email the class where you can choose who to send the message to or not.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 10:25 PM - Response #7

I am a little confused on whether or not there is an easy way to display who has registered for our reunion. I ended up taking off the "are you attending the reunion" question from classmate profiles since many of classmates seemed to think this registered them for our reunion. I agree with previous posters that a "Who's Coming" page with a list of attendees would probably encourage additional attendees. I realize I could create a new link and then run a report of attendees and then update the link periodically, but just wondering if there is an easier way to do this. thanks.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 11:40 PM - Response #8

You turned off the best way to show who's coming. Personally I'd turn it back on. Anybody who states their intention to attend is immediately shown a popup message that makes it extremely clear that officially registering is also required. Many different scenarios happen here, such as somebody planning far in advance may have Classmates who want to express their intent to attend now and pay closer to the date of the reunion. Their ability to turn on their attending reunion flag generates more interest in others to attend. It's like a bunch of falling Dominos and you'll have to take my word for it, it really does work extremely well. Unless you deliberately turn it off that is. Wink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.