ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Customizable Links

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/18/10 08:48 PM Views: 1768 Replies: 9
Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Would like to have more customizable links or edit the fixed ones we are not using.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 8:59 PM - Response #1

You can use SURVEY pages the same as your customizable links. Just create a survey with no questions and it will act just like a regular customizable page, with one exception -- ONLY LOGGED IN CLASSMATES WILL BE ABLE TO VIEW IT.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 9:46 PM - Response #2

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 10:00 PM - Response #3

Hey! the survey pages tip works for me. Thanks

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 3:03 AM - Response #4

Kyle Erickson wrote:

You can use SURVEY pages the same as your customizable links. Just create a survey with no questions and it will act just like a regular customizable page, with one exception -- ONLY LOGGED IN CLASSMATES WILL BE ABLE TO VIEW IT.

There's a second exception for survey pages. You can have it inactive, but when it's inactive, you can't link to it. You CAN do that with one of the customizable pages. (Like when you want to send someone a link to a page in process for review.)

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 7:15 AM - Response #5

Yes, that is true, too.

Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 10:40 AM - Response #6

You can also create "hidden" pages by creating a New Photo Gallery Navigation Link, and a New Photo Gallery Page and enter your desired page content as you do a normal page. Then Turn the link ON for your Photo Gallery Navigation Link and turn the link ON for your Photo Gallery Page and select the Photo Gallery Page from your menus - this will give you that page URL link on your address bar. Make sure you copy this link so you know the URL of this new page. Then just turn OFF the Photo Gallery Navigation Link so it does not appear in your menus, but leave the link on for your Photo Gallery Page. This trick will allow you to create more pages which are not displayed in your menus, but can be linked and viewed. I believe Brad describes this in other threads if I'm not mistaken (and I am many times).

Monday, January 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM - Response #7

I have tried the New Photo Gallery Navigation Link and entered a clip art and a brief note but instead of stating save it tells me to continue. I am doing something wrong but am confused as to what.
I also tried creating a survey and it says press update button but I don't see it on my screen Firefox or Chrome.
Shocked
Any help would be appreciated...

Monday, January 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM - Response #8

Hi Larry,

Please tell us the name of the Navigation Link you created so we can see what the trouble is with it.

The notice about hitting "Update" in the Survey Maker applies only when you add questions to the survey. When editing any question, you have to click its Update button beofre you save the changes to the page. If you haven't added any questions, there is no Update button.

Monday, January 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM - Response #9

Never mind I was trying to create a new page by Creating a New Gallery Navigation Link rather than create a new photo gallery. When I created a new gallery, that did it.
thanksVery Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.