ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Some new format for Class Creator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/25/11 11:47 PM Views: 1191 Replies: 9
Friday, November 25, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Since you instituded the changes to the basic web site a few days ago, the bottom half of my home page will not load and show up to anyone logged in. I can still see it when I go to "edit" mode. Could you please tell me what is going on. Thanks.

Edited 11/27/11 11:50 PM
Monday, November 28, 2011 at 12:24 PM - Response #1

Hi Evan,

We've been doing some upgrade work on the system over the holiday weekend, so you may have seen things in an intermediary stage of the process. Please let us know if the problem is persistent. You may need to refresh the browser while viewing the affected page in order to make sure you're viewing the latest version.

Monday, November 28, 2011 at 11:34 PM - Response #2

Still does not load bottom half of my home page today, Nov 28, 10:30 pm cst.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 11:21 AM - Response #3

At a minimum, we discovered that you have 2 A Records set for your domain name. You will need to log in and make an adjustment. The one you want to keep is 69.41.171.62. Please delete the other. Please go into your domain manager at your existing Registrar (GoDaddy) and keep only the following IP address in the A record: 69.41.171.62.

This is the first issue. Lets get that fixed first and then we can look to see if other issues persist.

Scott

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 10:53 AM - Response #4

That is done. No change.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 12:42 PM - Response #5

After lots of code cleaning and trial / error... I was able to isolate the problem to your AccuWeather plug-in. I went to AccuWeather and generated new embed code for Lincoln NE, and replaced your old code in the site. Works just fine now.

If you have not made changes to the code recently, I'd say that something corrupted on the end of AccuWeather that was not allowing the embed code to work properly. That is the risk of using 3rd party embed codes. Typically, we would have you go through the process of deleting 3rd party objects until the site was fixed, however, in this case, it became a personal challenge to figure out what was going on. I won. Smile

You should be all set now.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 5:18 PM - Response #6

Thanks for all of your trouble. I wondered about the weather insert when the page ended right there. I will hopefully learn from this and be smarter next time. Thanks again.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 10:53 AM - Response #7

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

After lots of code cleaning and trial / error... I was able to isolate the problem to your AccuWeather plug-in. I went to AccuWeather and generated new embed code for Lincoln NE, and replaced your old code in the site. Works just fine now.

If you have not made changes to the code recently, I'd say that something corrupted on the end of AccuWeather that was not allowing the embed code to work properly. That is the risk of using 3rd party embed codes. Typically, we would have you go through the process of deleting 3rd party objects until the site was fixed, however, in this case, it became a personal challenge to figure out what was going on. I won. Smile

You should be all set now.

Scott, I have a slightly different problem with the AccuWeather widget. The entire page renders ok, but the AccuWeather widget just displays the template with no populated data. I did what you did - went to the site to regenerate the embed code. It displayed for a few days and then stopped again today.

Could this be related to the CC change or is it something with AccuWeather?

Monday, December 5, 2011 at 11:03 AM - Response #8

Hi James,

I don't know if the latest version of Firefox is available for Linux, but you are running a pretty out-of-date version now (3.5). I suggest you try upgrading to the latest version available for Linux and see if you still have the problem. I'm testing it in Firefox 8 and IE9 (both on Win7) and have no trouble in either.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 at 7:50 AM - Response #9

Eric, I see the weather widget updating again. There must have been a problem with the feed from the weather site.

Thanks for your help.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.