ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

reunion attendence

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/20/11 02:36 PM Views: 1668 Replies: 17
Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I posted information about the upcomming reunion in "reunion planner" page and turned it on. I did not yet turn on the part where classmates can sign up.

I noticed a couple new signups to the web site have checked a box re "attending the reunion or not". where do the original members of the web site find that option?

Jim Unti

Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 4:01 PM - Response #1

When you turn on the reunion planner it adds the Attending Reunion question to the Profile page. They are not registering - they are simply indicating that they plan to attend when they complete their profile.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 12:24 PM - Response #2

Isnt this confusing to the classmates. Seems like if the indicate YES on the profile, in their mind that means that they are attending. Shouldnt this be managed solely within the Reunion Planner. A YES is set when they register. MAYBE or NO could be selected while looking at the REUNION details.

Just seems out of place on the individuals profile.

Could also add a button for PLEASE CANCEL MY RESERVATION which would trigger action by the admin to initiate a refund by simply clicking on an APPROVE CANCELLATION button. This would be much better than the current process of the classmate having to send an email and then the admin manually canceling everything.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 1:03 PM - Response #3

Please click your Reunion Planner link and then click your Attendees link. Read all info at the top of the page. You'll see why it works this way. Extensive testing early on revealed there's nothing more important you can do than get people indicating they are attending the reunion. It's like a magnet, one person attracts another. If you really wanted to you could click your Profile Generator link and turn off the Attending Reunion Profile question, but I strongly recommend you don't. Many people might want to actually register and pay for their tickets closer to the date of the reunion, so it's very important people be able to express their intent to attend prior to actually paying. This is what we recommend anyway, but you can certainly run the system as you see fit. FYI immediately upon indicating that the Classmate is attending the reunion on the Profile a popup box comes up informing the user that merely expressing intent to attend is not the same as actually registering. People are informed that they need to click the reunion page and sign up to officially be on the attendance list. This setup was tested in several different iterations and works extremely well, which is why I'm recommending to you that you don't change it. One of the things you can also do is use your Mass Email system to email those who have expressed intent to attend but have no registered and/or paid. That way if you have any holdouts as the reunion date approaches you can quickly email them in mass and make sure they get their formal registration and money in.

An automated cancel button would really have to be thought out. I'll add that to our discussion list of things to consider after the upcoming Class Creator 3.0 updates.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 4:44 PM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

One of the things you can also do is use your Mass Email system to email those who have expressed intent to attend but have no registered and/or paid. That way if you have any holdouts as the reunion date approaches you can quickly email them in mass and make sure they get their formal registration and money in.

I dont see a combination like this on the screen where it will take "All members who have indicated they ARE ATTENDING the reunion" but have not registered.

What am I missing?

Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 5:34 PM - Response #5

Oops I apologize, the 2 options I was thinking of were:

All members who have registered for the reunion and have paid
All members who have registered for the reunion and have not paid

There is currently no option for "All members displaying the "Attending Reunion" icon but who have not registered"

There should be though, that would be really helpful. I'll send that to Rick and see if we can get that one in there.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 5:43 PM - Response #6

Thanks, Brad...

That selection would indeed be helpful!!

John

Friday, March 18, 2011 at 6:39 PM - Response #7

Actually another needed option if for ALL MEMBERS WHO HAVE NOT REGISTERED.

Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 11:08 AM - Response #8

Brad,
Any word from Rick about adding this option fairly quickly? I sure could use it right now.
Thanks,
Susie

Friday, September 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM - Response #9

Susie - we realize this is still an open task and we will reply here once we have an answer.

Friday, September 9, 2011 at 9:56 PM - Response #10

I believe my question is related to this post. If I have classmates who indicated YES on their profile they may not be included in the Reunion Planner numbers. Or, I could have classmates indicating yess in the Reunion Planner and not on the profile? I am having trouble trying to reconcile my numbers... I am mixing something up?
I would prefer to have the information in 1 place.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM - Response #11

I have 2 issues
1. A classmate selected "Yes" to the attending button
2. That response does not show up in their profile.
Why?
Thanks,
Kim

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 6:23 PM - Response #12

What is the last name of the Classmate?

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM - Response #13

We're having issues with names not showing up on the "Attending Reunion" list, too. It does show up as a "yes" on their profiles, but their names aren't included in the list.

I know, for a fact, that several have paid their registration fees. (Thomas Stanley, J.D. Schnabel, Debbie Canada Tanner)

Is it something I'm doing wrong or are there issues with the Reunion Planner right now? Thank you in advance for the info!

And, Brad and the wonderful CC team, many thanks to each and every one of you for all the time and energy you put into all of this every day!! You all are simply amazing! Thank you for helping us to bring people together to reconnect! Very Happy

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 12:26 PM - Response #14

Hi Kim and Roberta,

We are working on some bugs that surfaced after an update to the Reunion Planner. Please give us through 2 March to work them out and then let us know after that if you are still having any difficulty with reunion-related things.

Sunday, March 4, 2012 at 11:34 PM - Response #15

Eric,

My site went active today. We have another test case for you - classmate Rodney Fischer joine the site today, indicated Yes to the Attending question in his profile, bought two tickets, but is not flagged as attending on the Classmate Profile page.

Thanks,
Mike Pringle

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM - Response #16

Took a little longer than we anticipated to pin down all the little critters in the machine. We're working hard at it and we appreciate your patience!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 1:09 AM - Response #17

Hi All,

Please check your attending reunion count. We just posted the update.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.