ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Site completely unaccessible

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/23/21 04:20 AM Views: 424 Replies: 8
Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 4:20 AM

Now what??? What is going on? This is not good.

When I click on my site at 1:12 a.m. PDT, I get a "Not Secure" on the browser address bar (we have a secure certificate) and this message, in both Chrome and Edge browsers:

Domain Not Configured
You have entered a domain name you've successfully registered, but it is not yet linked to your Class Creator web site. To make your domain name call up your site please do the following:

Click the "Register Domain Name" link on the left navigation pane.
In the white box at the bottom of the page type in your domain name
Click the "Activate Domain Name" button.
Type the domain name in your browser's address bar. You will now see your web site.

I can't follow the instructions, even if I wanted to. I can't access my site, so I can't log into it! Clearing the cache is of no help. Clicking on several other Class Creator sites via the "View Site" forum link (Jack Vermeulen's, John Ralph's, Cindy McClean's, Gwen Corey's) gives the same message, so this must be system-wide. This is a major problem. CC please fix and provide an explanation of what happened.

Edited 03/23/21 6:19 AM
Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 6:56 AM - Response #1
03-23-21b.png

same here, can't log in if site is not accessible
and this as well;

Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 7:41 AM - Response #2

Same here, Scott - only for me it's different (my domain forwards users to my class creator site)
I get an error message saying that the page has been removed - no, it's not good at all!

Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 7:47 AM - Response #3

Now I get this message when trying to access my site:

Domain Not Configured
You have entered a domain name you've successfully registered, but it is not yet linked to your Class Creator web site. To make your domain name call up your site please do the following:

Click the "Register Domain Name" link on the left navigation pane.
In the white box at the bottom of the page type in your domain name
Click the "Activate Domain Name" button.
Type the domain name in your browser's address bar. You will now see your web site.

For what it's worth, I'm not planning on taking any action!!!

Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 8:28 AM - Response #4

All right - we're back! Some kind of magic!

Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 8:49 AM - Response #5

I was going to ask everyone to please try again but Scott beat me to it. I apologize for the inconvenience this morning. Everything is back and no data was affected it was a syncing issue on the servers that as been resolved.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 9:12 AM - Response #6

Thank you, Jessica!

Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 9:01 PM - Response #7

Thanks, Scott for responding to my post about this on another Forum. What's annoying is that someone has seen fit to delete my post without telling me and without answering the other questions I posed on it.

Can someone from CC please explain.

Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 9:32 PM - Response #8

Scott asked the details on another post if we monitor the situation and what happened. Here is the details:

Yes it is fair. They are monitored in many ways through on-site monitoring and multiple external monitoring services. This exact issue has not happened before and would have been hard to predict.

All sites were loading something (not what anyone was expecting but something) so it wasn't seeing the system as down. All services were running so it didn't give a service alert. All servers/instances were running so we didn't have any failed server/instance alerts. The last programmer working on the system had tested their work before they signed off and followed all procedures for testing.. The issue was a caching/syncing issue that happened about 30 minutes after their last update and before I checked in for support. We don't include a content alert for content that is expected on some sites (new domains are registered all the time so that screen to add your domain to your site is normal if it was registered outside of the system. We added a custom alert for this now, however, after reviewing what happened and adding some catches for it on the server it is almost impossible that this could happen again.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.