ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Fill-in-the-blank surveys?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/15/09 09:42 PM Views: 1297 Replies: 4
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 9:42 PM

I know we can create surveys with checkboxes, but is there a way to create a survey where people could enter in their answers in a text field? I want to do a survey to collect info for our superlatives (ie, travelled farthest, most kids, etc) but it doesn't look like I can do that on our site.

If not, does anyone know of a site online where I *can* build such a survey? I'd rather collect the info online rather than have people mail the survey in.

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 10:41 PM - Response #1

Hi Melissa,

You can create questions that have either single line text boxes or comment boxes that handle multiple lines in the response.

1. When in the survey maker choose add or edit a question.
2. Fill in the question you are asking in the top box that states "Type your question here"
3. Choose Text (for single line responses) or Comments (for multi-line responses) from the Answere dropdown options.
4. Click update to update the question and display the text or comments box.
5. Make sure you "Save" the survey at the bottom of the page.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 10:56 PM - Response #2

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 11:05 PM - Response #3

suggestion: if you are asking a question that might get a long response use a comment box vs a fill in or single line. Easier to use for long answers. I have some answers in fill in and single lines that have dropped off info. I am not sure if there is a limit or if the user did not realize they had lost information.

Brad... is the download of survey data on the task list. I might want to call in my sunshine!!! Wink

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 11:11 PM - Response #4

Yep its on the list. There are some major features we're working on right now and then back to the list.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.