ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Question about link to What's New page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/02/14 11:12 AM Views: 673 Replies: 5
Wednesday, July 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I received an email from a classmate (through the ClassCreator site) that said "new message posted to the class." The beginning of a sentence from my classmate was followed by 3 dots, and then the word "More" in blue. When I clicked on "More," I arrived at the classmate's Profile Page, but the continuation of his sentence wasn't anywhere to be found. I finally found his entire message on the What's New page. My question is: Why didn't my click take me directly to the What's New page? I'm afraid my class members will never use the What's New page if the blue link on the email announcement doesn't take them directly there. Do I need to change a setting somewhere? Thanks so much for your help.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 at 3:13 PM - Response #1

It is possible that the person deleted the comment before you went to the page.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM - Response #2

I'm not sure whether you are referring to the Profile page or the What's New page.

If it helps, I can tell you that the classmate's name is Ed Hanke. His "new message posted to the class" message came to me on email on June 30 at 2:02 p.m. The message starts, "Dad died in 73' at age 59 so I figure at my age every day on this side of the turf is... MORE"

When I click on MORE, I get Ed Hanke's Profile Page, but no continuation of the message anywhere.

When I go the What's New page, I find his full message. It is still there today, and it says it was posted "2 days ago."

I guess I am not sure how it is supposed to work. Should Ed's message appear on both the Profile Page and the What's New page? Or if not, should the "new message" email announcement send me to the What's New page directly?

Thank you for helping me solve this puzzle.
Linda Andre

Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 1:41 PM - Response #3

Got it. I tested this and it is not working quite right. I have a programmer looking now. If you post to your profile or the what's new, it should be showing at the other as well. It should be fixed later.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 1:51 PM - Response #4

Thank you! Just so you know, I posted a second example of this problem (from July 7) and Brad answered that he is looking into it as well. I don't want you to be working at cross-purposes.
Linda A.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM - Response #5

No problem. I've spoken to the programmer and he is still looking into this. Just know that we now know more about it and that "I'm on it." Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.