ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Music wont stop when leaving page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/01/11 08:41 PM Views: 1275 Replies: 6
Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Hello Everyone

I have only been using CC for a little over a week. I first must say that I am so excited about finding this site. and also excited that I went ahead and got this started for our class. Although our 40th year is not until 2014, I do not think I'm starting too early, my class had over 425 graduates. It may take me that long to find half of them. People are responding favorably and have nothing but good comments about the site. I am having problems with the music I have selected for several pages, the song continues to play after leaving the page, once on a different page, I have to select the listen to music box, and then that song will play. etc,etc, is this the way it is suppose to work? Also, will that box always appear and I have to minimize? Thanks so much for any help with this.

Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 9:45 PM - Response #1

Hi Cynthia --

Welcome to the Help Forums -

We LOVE enthusiasm and you've got it!

In creating the Gallery "Remember Me?" you've selected a music player that "Pops-Out" (the viewer can choose whether to pop-it-out or not.)

When that pops out, it opens in a smaller separate window and continues to play until the visitor CLOSES that extra window.

It's a nice solution because visitors can cruise around your website viewing all the other pages while listening to the music uninterrupted. Or, if they're at work, they can avoid waking everyone else in the office up to the hits from 1974!

The alternative for music players is to 'embed' them on one page and when the visitor leaves that page, the music automatically stops.

You've made great headway in just a week!

2014 may SEEM far away, but that gives you lots of time to reel in those class members!

Edited 01/01/11 9:47 PM
Monday, January 3, 2011 at 1:02 PM - Response #2

Nice answer John, thank you. Couldn't have said it better myself! Welcome to Class Creator Cynthia!

Monday, January 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM - Response #3

Hi Cynthia,

On just the subject of your reunion 4 years away, I look at they system as a tool for the duration. I got on CC about 6 months before our 50th Reunion. We achieved 56% of our small class, and those on the system continue to be really excited to keep in touch. As a result, I just extended for 10 years, so I can use it for our 60TH Reunion....Very Happy

I feel our class for once is communicating in wonderful ways. As an example that hit me directly at home, about a week ago my Mom passed away. Somehow, most my class of 1960 found out, sent beautiful cards, and one classmate completed a fairly long drive home to actually Attend my Mom's funeral. I was SO TOUCHED!

So, don't look at CC as simply a Great Reunion Tool. It is that and MUCH more.

Monday, January 3, 2011 at 3:43 PM - Response #4

That is the truth, Derrell! Welcome to Class Creator, Cynthia! You have really hit the jackpot! What you've found here is a gold mine of talented, generous, creative people. You will find answers, ideas and solutions to problems any time of day or night. I don't think Brad ever sleeps! You have a wonderful network of support. Don't be afraid to take advantage of it. Good luck with your site!
Tam

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 6:59 AM - Response #5

Thank you! Derrell and Tam, Another long night, adding to the site. Two more classmates aboard. Yippee! I found so much school stuff in my basement. Thirty six years old, OMG!Brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad I found this site! I have a new attitude about friends.

Edited 01/04/11 7:10 AM
Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 7:04 AM - Response #6

I certainly agree with you! I talked to my best friend today, whom I had not talked to in over eleven years! I gave her the website at 10:30pm last night and at 3:30am this morning she was onsite and completed her profile. When my husband woke up this morning to go to work, I was still sitting in the same spot I was in when he went to bed. LOL

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.