Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Forum URL adjustment

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/15/09 06:07 PM Views: 1245 Replies: 3
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 6:07 PM

On March 30, Brad wrote:

Quote:

Our forum URL changes: The forums exist on different physical hardware than your class web site. It had to be this way, as it won't be long before there are many millions of collective posts. That created quite the technical challenge for us, but it was necessary, and the only way to provide threaded forums for everyone. The hardware running your class web site is already busy enough, often processing 30 hits every second during peak times of the day. Thus dedicated forum hardware was essential. Rather than the address you do see in your address bar (which is neither your domain name nor your Class Creator system address), we can set up something for you to change your URL to include your domain name, although the word "forums" will have to lead it off. I.E. http://forums.yourdomain.com/etc. Although "forums" comes before your domain name itself, I think this will be preferable to you vs. the address you're seeing now. (you'll often see addresses like "adwords.google.com" rather than "google.com/adwords.html".) We're going to try to automate this change for anyone on Classnames.net.

Any eta on when this will be done?

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 6:21 PM - Response #1

This update is actually in your domain record. I know it's automated now, it could be Dave needs to make an adjustment to your account since you jumped on board before this was in place. I'll pass this along to him and ask him to respond here.

Friday, April 17, 2009 at 2:36 PM - Response #2

any word from Dave yet?

Edited 04/17/09 2:37 PM
Friday, May 1, 2009 at 1:34 AM - Response #3

Marian,

Sorry for the slow response on this one. It should have updated to the shorter forum name now.

Thanks,
Dave

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.