ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/29/17 09:39 PM Views: 819 Replies: 8
Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 9:39 PM

We did a headcount survey for our reunion in 2018, which was deactivated on July 26. Today I got a notification that someone had submitted their survey answers. How is it possible to submit a survey when it's inactive?

Edited 07/29/17 9:40 PM
Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 9:53 PM - Response #1

Just because a survey is inactive, doesn't mean it's not functional. Anyone who still had the link to that survey (perhaps in an old 'New survey answers" notify email) can still take it - or modify their previous answers.

My guess is that it remains 'live' so when it's completed and we inactivate it and take it off the menus, we can give people an announcement with a link to the View Results so they can look at how it turned out.

As a side note, a couple years ago, I created a survey, took it (without ever making it active) made a few changes, took it again, and everyone got a notify email about it. Be careful with the questions you ask in a test-only survey...

Edited 07/29/17 9:58 PM
Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 10:14 PM - Response #2

Thanks, John. We decided to set visiblity to admins only.

Edited 07/30/17 3:23 PM
Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 11:17 AM - Response #3

A pretty good alternative to CC surveys is tryinteract.com. They provide a FREE version with few restrictions where you can generate surveys, tests, polls and giveaways that are embedded in your CC site. One nice feature is that you can show the "correct" answer in a quiz after each question and
tailor the summary based on the number of correct answers.

Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 11:35 AM - Response #4

Thanks for sharing the info on tryinteract.com, Phil! I will be looking into that after our Medicare Reunion this coming weekend.

Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 4:11 PM - Response #5

Joe Prather wrote:

Thanks, John. We decided to set visiblity to admins only.

Joe, I think that only changes who can see the results, and I don't believe that option would keep someone from taking an inactive (or active) survey.
While that's not likely to happen again, at this point, those who took the survey have probably already seen the results. And we usually post a link copied from the View Results button after we close a survey so everyone can see how it turned out.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 11:11 AM - Response #6

Speaking of surveys, I want to use a previously used survey we had [currently it is deactivated] with some modifications to the questions.
How can I clear the previous 'survey results,' without having to create a new survey from scratch?
Thanks!

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 12:54 PM - Response #7

You can't clear the previous results. I would just recreate the survey by having 2 browsers windows open and copy / paste your questions to the new survey.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 8:46 PM - Response #8

Thanks Scott.
Would like to see this 'feature' be something that the programmers could work on in the future though.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.