ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Admin Rights?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/29/10 02:31 PM Views: 1288 Replies: 4
Monday, March 29, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Hi Brad,

Background: We have 6 people listed as "admins" on our site including me, the root administrator. There is some confusion among us about messages sent by CC. I am the only admin who also subscribes to the Forum and maintains the web site for the most part. Forum messages are identified as such and I may or may not respond to them depending on the content. We have not made any decisions about the newest admin rights feature--barely have scanned through it to date but plans are to address it in the next month or so.

Question: I received the recent "change in email" message and the recommendation to send a "whitelist" message to all classmates, but it appears other admins did not receive the same message. Could you please explain what your procedures are regarding CC messages to the root and/or to other admins?

Thanks very much

Donna

Monday, March 29, 2010 at 3:43 PM - Response #1

From our own master admin I can mail select groups of people, such as All Admins, or only Root Admins. I'm rather sure I did in fact send that message to All Admins, not just Root Admins. If somebody thinks they are not getting system emails, they should click our FAQs link, click Questions About Email, and read Question #5. We have a test there people can do that will help locate an email problem is one exists.

Monday, March 29, 2010 at 7:40 PM - Response #2

Brad,

Thanks for your response. I've asked the other admins if they received the messages; those who didn't can look into their email settings. However I did look back to see where the message originated. What is the difference between these two sources?

Postmaster@classcreator.net and ClassCreator Admin Forums

If messages to admins come from the Forums, wouldn't you have to subscribe to get these messages? Could that be another reason why some admins got a message and others did not?

Do you always submit new product releases, like admin rights, through the Forum?

Donna

Monday, March 29, 2010 at 8:51 PM - Response #3

Yes you'd have to subscribe to get emails from these forums. Yes we do release all new features in the New Featurs forums.

I'm actually glad you brought this up, we need to change these forums to come from noreply@classcreator.net too, and not use the info address anymore. Therse forums aren't part of Class Creator itself, it's just our own site, so that address didn't get changed in the shuffle. But for consistency's sake and making sure there's only 1 address people should whitelist, etc. we do need to change that, I'll put in a note to the programmers.

Monday, March 29, 2010 at 10:25 PM - Response #4

Brad,

Thanks for your quick response, we can always count on excellent customer support and it is appreciated. I asked a question at slide.com last week and am still waiting for a response. Wanna bet it never comes??

I'll pass this conversation thread on to our admins.

Donna

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.