ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"Click Here" Link

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/20/13 12:25 PM Views: 915 Replies: 8
Friday, December 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM

...has not joined the site yet. Do you know where ... is? If so, please click here to invite ... to join our site!

The "Click Here" link used to invite someone to become a member has quit working. I beleive it happened after the
new format was installed.

Thanks for any help.---Larry Anderson

Edited 12/20/13 12:26 PM
Friday, December 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM - Response #1

The "Click Here" link is still working on my site but differently. It used to allow one to send an invite from the site. Now it opens Outlook on my computer to send the message. I don't know how this would work if I had no e-mail client on my computer. Maybe it wouldn't and perhaps that's the situation you have.

This change most likely occurred when the new e-mail restrictions were incorporated by CC earlier this week.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 2:17 AM - Response #2

Ah, another bug. Doesn't work for gmail. Will post there.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM - Response #3

In that particular case, it is a bug, but... it does work - depending on what email client you have on your system. It works with Outlook. Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc, all of which can be set up to use POP3 or IMAP access to various email hosts - including Gmail. But... if you have multiple accounts configured, it uses the default account - which may not be the personal email address you want to use.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM - Response #4

Correct, it works for local clients because those have to be configured. Not so for webmail - which can be 100% web with no local client involved.

I use business webmail - Gmail which doesn't work even if FF browser is configured for Gmail. Don't know why. Maybe it does for regular Gmail if one configures. I could use some other browser, like IE, but IE "interprets" the mail in such a messy way it's scary. It's not even close to the original Gmail format. Did I mention it's uglyTwisted Evil

For various email configs an option list I described in Bug topic works. Craigslist works by letting users chose from a list. And the proof of the concept is that Craiglist is successfulExclamation

I don't think CC wants to get involved with configuring everyone's browser eitherQuestion

Edited 12/21/13 6:11 PM
Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM - Response #5

I have no idea what any of the above means. Can someone put that into simple language? Thanks.
I'm thinking of asking classmates not to use the website until the bugs are corrected. When will that be?

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM - Response #6

It works in gmail for me (I use the Firefox browser).

You need to set up your browser so that handles e-mail. For Firefox, you go to Tools/Options/Applications tab/scroll down to "mailto"/ choose the email application

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM - Response #7

Not exactly. Business Gmail does not work in FF - As noted in "bugs" and above.

But more importantly

Quote:

I don't think CC wants to get involved with configuring everyone's browser either

This needs some sort of adjustment.

Did this really cause that many problems for being blacklisted? Or is this just a guess by CC?

For sure, it's going to cause ongoing issues.

Thursday, December 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM - Response #8

Shortly, we will be releasing an update that will once again allow for someone to send an invitation to an email address via the website. The system will record that an email has been sent to that particular email address and only allow for that one email to be sent. This policy will fall in line with what is acceptable among email providers and anti spam systems. We have been in contact and working with one of the major anti spam system to which many email services providers subscribe, and having them review our system and our policies so that we can get removed from their blacklist. We have identified numerous, specific issues with our policies and practices to which we are taking corrective steps so that we can increase the deliverability of our emails and enhance our email reputation across all email providers.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.