ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

IM chat

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/31/13 09:34 AM Views: 844 Replies: 6
Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I turned off IM chat and now cannot see a link in the menu to turn it back on.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 9:39 AM - Response #1

Mike,

I think that link that used to show up in your left-side menus is now in your EDIT PROFILE page, scroll down to the bottom and it is the last option.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 9:54 AM - Response #2

If that is the case then the 'message' given when you turn off IM needs to be changed. It still says look for turn on funtion under Member menu, as before.

I believe this needs looking at for desired functionality.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 10:38 AM - Response #3

When I just tested this, I was able to turn off the IM, and I did not get the message that told me to look under the member functions for the Turn IM On link. The link did however appear under the Member Functions as it typically would.

This is different from turning off the capability for the IM feature. That is found under the Edit Profile page at the bottom. If you never want to see the IM again, uncheck that particular box.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM - Response #4

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

When I just tested this, I was able to turn off the IM, and I did not get the message that told me to look under the member functions for the Turn IM On link. The link did however appear under the Member Functions as it typically would.

This is different from turning off the capability for the IM feature. That is found under the Edit Profile page at the bottom. If you never want to see the IM again, uncheck that particular box.

Interesting Scott. Yesterday, I got the traditional Message, but the Link never showed in the Member Functions....just the opposite. Perhaps there was work in progress, as it was running rather slow when I tested that.

My 2 cents......the original message should still be displayed, and of course the Link to turn it back on. Some of these old classmates can't see well enough or follow logic to turn IM back on. Then they will NEVER have it on until they ask me. We want to ENCOURAGE them to use IM.

ADDITION. Oops IM comes back available automatically after restart session anyway........so I guess no message is OK....still nice as they lose it for the particular session they turned off...........not too big a deal I suppose.

Edited 01/31/13 6:37 PM
Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 5:30 PM - Response #5

Tried, but I still cannot turn my IM back on. If it ever shows up again, I won't turn it off!

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 5:52 PM - Response #6

Mike,

Did you try logging off and then logging back in again? It should turn it on for you then.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.