ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Deceased download - date updated

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/23/09 06:26 PM Views: 1273 Replies: 3
Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 6:26 PM

I just downloaded our classlist which I then sort by "Last Update" in descending order so I can see the most recent classmate changes. I would also like to see when newly deceased classmates were moved to In Memory. Seems like that process should trigger a date in Last Update. And it should also get date-stamped if the In Memory is reversed and the classmate is reinstated amongst the active. These moves are a very significant data change, especially important to know when there's more than one admin working on things. How about it? Please?

Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 6:56 PM - Response #1

Just thinking out loud... I'm wondering if this will confuse people. Especially other Admins. The "Last Update" column refers to the last time the Classmate's Profile or Details were updated. If an Admin moves a Classmate over to the In Memory area, and we log that date in the "Last Update" column, won't that give the appearance of being the last time the Classmate updated his or her Profile or Contact Details? Which in this case won't be true. You'll realize what it means of course, since you just asked for it, but my concern is others won't understand why a recent date is listed there and/or what it means. We'd be changing one column to have two different meanings...

A better solution might be to include this in an upcoming update where we'll be allowing Admins to check off exactly what they want on the Classmate export. This way Admins can tailor their export for exactly what their purpose at hand is. We're currently in the middle of developing a sea of new features and unfortunately we won't even be starting on this feature for some time, but I think ultimately this is a better place for it.

Edited 07/23/09 6:57 PM
Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 7:08 PM - Response #2

Thought about that right after my suggestion. So are you already recording behind the scenes when somebody gets moved to In Memory, just not giving us that date field yet? I can wait.

And that reminds me, are we also going to get to distinguish, at that distant upgrade, a profile update date vs. a contact info update date? You do have those fields being saved separately from their input screens.

You guys (and gals?) are awesome!

Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 9:09 PM - Response #3

No, we are not currently storing a "moved to deceased" date. We are storing the Details update date.

Yes, we have more plans for what will happen when Details are updated vs. Profile. I probably sound like a broken record many times here as we say "we'll get to that task." But with hundreds of requests coming in from users (if you think you see a lot in the forums you ought to see the private communicaitons) the best thing we can do is prioritize requests and then get to them in the order we deem most important. Recently we've been finishing up some biggies (Reunion Planner Direct Deposit Banking, Integrated Live Chat, etc.) and as these things launch we'll probalby tackle a few dozen little tasks just to get them out of the way before we jump back into the next big ones. Always more to do. Smile

Edited 07/23/09 9:11 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.