ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Forum link

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/23/09 04:07 PM Views: 1550 Replies: 3
Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 4:07 PM

If I make a link to the last page of a forum will it update? What I would like to do is create a link that will take them to the last post of a particular forum. But worried that if I post the link it won't update. And when they click the link it will only go to that particular page and not the last post.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 7:57 PM - Response #1

There wasn't a feature like that until you asked.

But I'm not sure I can get it to work QUITE as well as the direct link to the message.

This links to the last page, and targets the bottom of the page, but a little bit of scrolling UP might be required to see the full posting:

http://wadsworth-oh-1973.classforums.net/messages.cfm?tid=1767&showLast=true#bottom

However if we remove the #bottom from the address, it will take you to the top of the last page, which might also suffice for your needs.

We'll see how Brad wants this implemented.

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 8:40 AM - Response #2

Thank you what I am looking to do is add links to other forums on the home page so that they can go directly to that forum by clicking on the link. It is hard to teach old dogs new tricks and I can't get them to understand that there are more forums listed. They like to stick to one main one. So for example I have one listed as micro mini reunions I would like to have a link to, so the hard part is done for them. Right now that one only has one page but as it continues I would like it to go directly to the last post. I will try your suggestion unless Brad comes up with another option. I think others might be having the same problem and this might be a solution. Thanks you guys are GREAT!!

Friday, August 14, 2009 at 6:17 PM - Response #3

I found this page when I was looking for a way to link the Home Page to various forum topics.

In particular, I would like to link an announcement on the Home Page about the new forum, titled "All You Need To Know But Are Too Shy To Ask," to the actual list of topics that are covered in the forum.

Because my classmates are "old timers" and haven't participated much in the forums, I'm hoping a set of instructions on anything I can think of will help them feel comfortable navagating the web site, especially the forums.

Anyway, on this link there is an htlm code to add somewhere, but I'm not sure where or how. Please help.

Thanks, Carole

PS I finally ordered a book on htlm. It was cheaper than DreamWeaver. I decided against the 30 day free trial because I figured after 30 days, I wouldn't be able to live without the program.

Edited 08/15/09 1:23 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.