ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

no email address

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/09/08 04:02 PM Views: 1377 Replies: 2
Saturday, August 9, 2008 at 4:02 PM

As we are from a 1959 class, we have probably half of our class NOT on line. As a result, those folks have to be snail mailed to for info about everything. My problem is that I wish to have their address and phone # available on line for other classmates to see so at least they could write or call them. What I tried to do was go in as I verified their address and phone # info and do it myself in their profile so that others could see it. I tried first by going into the admin. section on "edit profiles" and clicking the box that was supposed to show that info. That didn't work. Then I went in via member channel and clicked that I was that person, filled in the info, but couldn't proceed because I couldn't put in an email address . How do I solve this problem?

Saturday, August 9, 2008 at 10:07 PM - Response #1

Our initial intent was only Classmates with accounts could control those two fields. But I don't see any reason we can't change this for you, as if you really wanted to you could always type in a mailing address or phone number in a public field anyway (like comments or school story).

I.E. If you log in as the Administrator, select that you wish to show Classmate details even if they have not created an account, and then you edit each Classmate's Profile to display phone # and mailing address only to logged in fellow Classmates, I see no reason why we can't make that work for you. I'll put in a request to the programmers.

Saturday, August 9, 2008 at 10:50 PM - Response #2

Carol Voigts wrote:

As we are from a 1959 class, we have probably half of our class NOT on line. As a result, those folks have to be snail mailed to for info about everything. My problem is that I wish to have their address and phone # available on line for other classmates to see so at least they could write or call them. What I tried to do was go in as I verified their address and phone # info and do it myself in their profile so that others could see it. I tried first by going into the admin. section on "edit profiles" and clicking the box that was supposed to show that info. That didn't work. Then I went in via member channel and clicked that I was that person, filled in the info, but couldn't proceed because I couldn't put in an email address . How do I solve this problem?

Before you do this, you should ask each person if they want their personal details visible to classmates. Even if you indicate their profile info is not viewable by people outside the site, some people may not appreciate you taking it upon yourself to post their personal contact information. Just make sure you ask their permission first and explain to them that only classmates will see it.

I would be really angry if someone posted my personal contact info without asking me first.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.