ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Waiting for the new features? Join us in...

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/26/13 09:39 AM Views: 1986 Replies: 24
Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Very Happy
Yes, I have a big grin on my face right now. I was in another thread where Jamie R. mentioned that waiting for tomorrow's new releases felt like the holidays all over again. As strange as it sounds, I began singing "Oh what fun it is to ride..." and stopped. I was writing a new page for two of my sites last night into the wee hours. I'm afraid the creative part of my brain did not wake four hours later when my dog barked "Out now!" After sharing this in the other thread, I asked Jamie R. if she had a song for this occasion. Exclamation Then it hit me! Read on...

We come to this Help Forums to search, read, learn and share. Today, we also wait. In that respect, it is like the holidays as we are not allowed to see what is all wrapped up and waiting for us. So I say to you... yes, youExclamation since you are still reading this, let your creative side out. We do not care how different it is... give it a try!

Here is the scene.

You've been waiting anxiously (or maybe not so) for the big day. You've even peeked and now you can't wait to be handed (or as in some cases - grab!) that package and get lost in the wonders of what is inside.

How do you feel? Come on, there must be a bit of excitement within you. Did a holiday song come to you? Post your reply here. Let's pass the next 30 hours with some fun!

Maybe you are thinking of this and not comfortable singing...

"Here comes CC's new features. Hopping over old bits and bytes...." Laughing "Hippity, hoppity, new 'toys' on the way."

Next?

Arrow WARNING: Failure to reply may give insight as to why participation is low on some sites.

Edited 01/26/13 9:47 AM
Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM - Response #1

Hi Gwen,
Everything you're saying sounds great to me. I think you hit the nail on the head.
By the way, after the Reunion in South Carolina, my friend (Jim) and I want to visit some Civil War monuments, etc. in the area. Maybe we could meet somewhere for lunch. What do you think?
Barbara Idea

Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM - Response #2

Barbara,
If I have a vehicle by then, I'd love to meet you and Jim. Let me know!

Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM - Response #3

Dear Gwen,

Sory I was unable to view the webinar. I left work early to be there by 8:30 only to find that the webinar had started earlier and I could not get on. Can you let me know what was discussed? What is this about South Carolina?

Please catch me up.

Regards, Lucilld

Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 4:02 PM - Response #4

Sorry I was not able to attend the webinar nor will I be able to participate in much else in the next month or so. My husband as been ill for the past 2 years and passed away this past week. When I come up for air, I look forward to returning to the fold of Class Creator Admins and finally updating our Class website. It is a testament to how wonderful the Class Creator software is that for 2 years, I didn't need to do anything to the site while our classmates continued to use and enjoy it. Best to all, Elaine Rock

Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM - Response #5

We will be here to welcome you back when you are ready. Sending hugs and heartfelt sympathies, Elaine.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 6:12 PM - Response #6

Lucille,

You should have received an email Brad sent out to all admins. In the email, he shared links to the three features you need to know about coming tomorrow. The second group of links to three additional videos is a preview of what will be coming to our sites in the spring.

If you did not see the email, CLICK HERE to find a copy of Brad's message with the links - posted by Eric. It is the fourth post in the thread.

About South Carolina... Barbara's reunion is coming up in Myrtle Beach. That is about a 90 minute drive from me. Are you close to me or coming this way, Lucille?

Edited 01/26/13 6:13 PM
Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM - Response #7

"I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, I know,I know.....

Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM - Response #8

Gwen...]
I was about to leave a new post saying...Hey Gwen...It's Sunday the 27th!! Today is the day!!!! Very Happy

Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM - Response #9

Jamie, You can find me on Facebook through CC's page!

Ready... here it comes! See you all on the other side!
Very Happy

Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM - Response #10

Posted two hours ago on Class Creator's Facebook page:

"Going well for the most part. A few issues will require some extra testing which will take us later into the evening. I'll continue to post updates here and an ETA for a "go live" time when I have one. All good though. We're looking forward to returning live as early as we can later tonight."

Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM - Response #11

Posted approximately 45 minutes ago on Class Creator's Facebook page:

"Class Creator Things continue to look very good. Again a little slower due to a few issues. Most issues resolved at this time. The team is going to enter a thorough testing period in about half an hour where we'll make sure everything is "just so" before putting the system back online."

At approximately 10:25pm EST, Class Creator posted the following on Facebook:
"Class Creator And a few more issues to tackle identified in our testing. Sorry this is taking longer than expected -- but we'd rather make sure everything is absolutely right before we go live. If you're waiting up get some sleep and check out the new features in the morning. If you're a night owl bear with us we'll be here until the system is live and we'll continue posting updates here. Thanks for your patience."

Note: I was surprised to see the Forums online and other Admins here. Noting that, I decided to stick around. Others have been in and out over time. I've been surprised to see my posts are showing... but now I put them to the real test. Since my icon does not show under my name on the left, will the posts remain? Time will tell. Until then... have a good night! Smile

Edited 01/27/13 10:44 PM
Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM - Response #13

I'm going to be up for awhile, so I'll wait for one more update.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 12:01 AM - Response #14

Hi Joe! I have some paperwork to complete before the office lights are off. We'll see how the timing works or doesn't for me. I'm okay either way.

I appreciate the fact that CC saw the need to completely rebuild the system. So I am more than willing to give them the time they need to take care of the issues found. When we are back up, the fun begins and I'm looking forward to the changes! Smile

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM - Response #15

The unexpected has become the expected tonight. Sorry about the delay folks. Although I'm not happy about this duration...everything is looking really good at this time. With the issues at hand we're being extra careful to get all final kinks worked out before we put the system back live. Hang in there I'm looking at the new system right now myself and everything's shaping up here. Hopefully not too much longer.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 3:12 AM - Response #16

Does a wake up call and coffee come with the "We're live!" announcement? Wink

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 6:26 AM - Response #18

Huh? Wake up??? I'm actually thinking about going to bed. Smile You'll all be in very good hands in precisely 3 hours and 36 minutes when the day folks arrive. There's been a gazillion changes to the underlying system -- way more than meets the eye here -- so again if you spot any problems or need help with anything give us a shout. We're expecting to work around the clock the next couple days until we all arrive in smoother waters. And then maybe for a bit we can enjoy some calm sailing together. Ya think??

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 7:27 AM - Response #19

Go to bed, Brad! You need your rest after this!

If anyone else sees this, I am trying to upload a picture to "fill in my extra space" and it won't do it. Could someone check into that issue as they have time? It can certainly wait!

Thanks,
Denise

Everything certainly looks great, I reordered my links in 20 minutes (but I had a plan before I started!)

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 7:36 AM - Response #20

Go Niters!!!!! Refresh your brain!!!
See ya later, gator!!!WinkWinkQuestion

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 8:14 AM - Response #21

FYI we'll be looking at the shool photo issue after 10:00 a.m. today. Stay tuned.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM - Response #22

Is there a tutorial or help video for PhotoPlus Starter Edition. This is what I have been most excited about and can't figure it out. No sense in doing anything else until I can make a top.psd as it won't let me select the design I want to use until I complete this step and upload it. Maybe I'm missing something but getting frustrated.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM - Response #23

When you download the PhotoPlus Starter edition they've got great tutorial videos. All free. We'll have a webinar on this shortly as well. Watch your email.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 8:32 AM - Response #24

Found them Brad. I should have been studying this while waiting for the upgrade. Thanks

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.