ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Need help with Editing A Webpage

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/22/15 08:46 PM Views: 818 Replies: 7
Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 8:46 PM

I need help editing our Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall Page. It is not active. Since one of my Admins have been working on it and it's not finished.
He has a section of alumni that have died in Vietnam and we want it single spaced not double. For the life of me I don't know how to get it back to single space. Sad I know I have done it before.Rolling Eyes
Can Kyle or Scott..or someone work their magic and get it single spaced???
How in the future can we get around that double spacing? I know it has to do with the paragraph symbol...how do I get rid of this besides trying to edit in HTML mode? which I am not comfortable with.
Thanx for your help.Wink

Edited 03/22/15 8:48 PM
Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 9:09 PM - Response #1

For a single vertical space, don't press ENTER, press SHIFT-ENTER.

See if that helps you.

Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 9:14 PM - Response #2

Thanx Kyle..I knew it was something very easy. I will try that and get back to you.

Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 11:30 PM - Response #3

Thanx...again...Kyle. It worked.
Another trick that make me looks like a rock star to my admins.
Very Happy

Monday, March 23, 2015 at 1:58 AM - Response #4

Our site is in the old Classic format, but I assume the Editor is still the same.

If so, here's the way I've been single spacing for years: in the Editor, click on the Format box (third line, second box). The default setting is "Normal," which gives double spacing for lines. Choosing "Normal (DIV)," the bottom-most choice, switches it to single space.

Edited 03/23/15 2:09 AM
Monday, March 23, 2015 at 2:06 AM - Response #5

Thanx..I will try that one next time I am doing a webpage. I think I tried that..but it was already done with the double spacing so it didn't take it out.
Learn something new everyday. Wink

Monday, March 23, 2015 at 2:23 AM - Response #6

I believe if you highlight everything you want single-spaced, then change the Format to "Normal (DIV)," everything highlighted will be changed to single-spaced. Just verified that on a test page that was double spaced.

Edited 03/23/15 3:04 AM
Monday, March 23, 2015 at 3:18 AM - Response #7

Thanx again...for the tip.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.