ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcements on Home Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/02/14 09:33 AM Views: 737 Replies: 6
Wednesday, July 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I updated one of my announcements and now there is a large blank gap on my home page. The announcement section is way down the page. What happened?
Thanks

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 at 10:04 AM - Response #1

Change your line of "------------------------------------------------" to something like this "--------- ---- ---- ----- ---- ----- ---- ----- --------"

Without spaces, the browser doesn't know how to wrap the line, so it doesn't wrap the line making the announcements not fit, so they only fit below the right-side modules.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 at 10:10 AM - Response #2

Great explanation Kyle. I experienced this and knew that it was my homemade hr that gave me the problem so I just deleted it, but you explanation about the spaces is of great value to me. Thanks!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 at 5:02 PM - Response #3

I'm having the same problem on our LOHS class of 1960 site but I confused if you answer would help me...
Sandy

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 at 5:24 PM - Response #4

Hi Sandy,

Your announcement had a preset width in the code that was forcing it down lower on the page. I clicked on the Source button (the first button on the announcement editor) and edited the forced width to a smaller number.

I'm not sure if this code was copied and pasted from another site or Microsoft Word, etc. Wherever it came from it brought some formatting with it and we just needed to make that width smaller.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 4:02 PM - Response #5

I'm having the same problem with a blank space when I view it on my IPad? I've reduced the size of my picture but it still is blank at the top. Any suggestions or it's not meant to be viewed on an IPad without the blank? kk

Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 5:07 PM - Response #6

The poll is causing the problem. Make it a separate area on the home page vs inside the announcement.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.