ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding Background Color to a box or cell

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/11/11 05:51 PM Views: 1409 Replies: 7
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Official Website Box.jpg

How do you add a background color to a cell or box? Not to the text or just behind the lettering, but the whole box. Attached is the box we have added to our home page. It is just a white background now.

Edited 01/11/11 5:52 PM
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 8:05 PM - Response #1

1) On any blank area inside the table right click
2) From the flyout menu click Cell Properties
3) Select your color. I made the color orange to match your site while I was in there if you want to see how it comes out in the code.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 8:16 PM - Response #2

That looks like it just colored everything except behind the text. How do you get it to do both, or do you then have to color the text highlighting to match?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 8:37 PM - Response #3

Mary, I colored the background behind the text. Now if we could only get Brad to help us limit the number of birthdays that are listed on the right column that would be great! Ha! Thanks Brad!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 8:41 PM - Response #4

By the way... I don't see where it says cell properties. There are two color pallets. One for Text and the other for Background color. Is that what you mean Brad?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 8:46 PM - Response #5

Sorry I should have said from the flyout menu click Cell, then Cell Properties.

I see what you mean about Birthdays. I'll send a note to the Programmers about this.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 2:58 PM - Response #6

It looks like you must have figured it out.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 3:51 PM - Response #7

Yeah, I wrote up a little tech note simplifying it but whenever I paste in source code here it does weird things and drops the rest of the message. I did save my thoughts in draft form so I could re-write it sometime. Bottom line, it doesn't have to be a 2-step background process like we did at first.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.