ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

reports for souvenir book

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/14/13 02:55 PM Views: 962 Replies: 6
Friday, June 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM

2 questions:
Can only admins see phone numbers for classmates? We are concerned about the lack of response for our 50-year reunion and want to start calling people who originally said they would come to the reunion. Should I give more people admin permissions so they can see the numbers?

How do we make a report, (in souvenir book format)from the website. We want to include all information from site-registered classmates (address, phone, email, elementary school, comments, spouse, etc). We also want to include the yearbook photo and current headshots if submitted. We are computer literate but we are stumped with this and want to start working on it!
Thanks so much, Joani

Friday, June 14, 2013 at 3:07 PM - Response #1

Yes. Phone numbers are now only viewable by admins with the rights to view the Manage Classmates page. We recently made a change in the system that took the option away for viewing / displaying the phone numbers due to some security issues and concerns. If classmates wish to contact eachother through the system to get / give such information, they may do so through the message center.

Friday, June 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM - Response #2

Joani Lesser wrote:

Can only admins see phone numbers for classmates? We are concerned about the lack of response for our 50-year reunion and want to start calling people who originally said they would come to the reunion. Should I give more people admin permissions so they can see the numbers?

Rather than giving more people admin rights you might want to consider downloading the info into an Excel file and forwarding that to the people you want to make calls.

Friday, June 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM - Response #3

There is no easy way. For my 50 year reunion, I created a "Memory Book" in Word by cut-and-paste of each profile. It took weeks to complete. Photos would have to be added manually. I decided it would be best to do this after all the profiles were completed. In the end, I decided not to do it. The Word doc was then converted to a pdf from Word. I added mine as a page on the website (with a link to a pdf) and will update it from time to time. It then becomes a "living document" that can be downloaded by classmates.

Give your classmates a deadline for completing their profile. Some waited past the "deadline".

I downloaded the addresses, emails, etc from Manage Classmates into an Excel file and copied it to the end of the Book.

Don't count on help from others. Do it yourself. It only hurts for a little while! Very Happy
Tom

Friday, June 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM - Response #4

BTW, I got a standing ovation at the Reunion thanks to Class Creator. Thanks guys! The classmates loved the website so much that they made me Chairperson even though I am 3 hours away. But I had a lot of help from hometown classmates.
I also sang "Sea of Love" with the band and got ANOTHER standing ovation. Some of the "girls" came up to the bandstand and did the "wave" (arms in the air and moving left and right) that you see kids do at concerts.
This could be very addictive (every 10 years or so).

Tom "Phil Phillips" Homsley

Friday, June 14, 2013 at 7:14 PM - Response #5

With all of that, Tom... plan one in five years. You deserve the standing Os and women all around! Smile
You and Joe Prather!

Edited 06/14/13 7:26 PM
Friday, June 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM - Response #6

Joani - Don't worry. Because your reunion isn't until October . . . and as much as we'd like people to sign up early (for the people doing the planning), most likely won't commit until closer to the date - probably September! Been there. Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.