ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Duplicate Posts

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/22/20 03:51 PM Views: 606 Replies: 14
Monday, June 22, 2020 at 3:51 PM

Hi,

I and other members of my class have noticed that when someone makes comments on a post on our page called The Meeting Place they are duplicated. The original post is not duplicated but any comments in the post are. We have just noticed this since Class Creator performed their recent updates.

Could someone please help or explain to me why this is happening?

Thanks
Joan Schutz Mohlman
Madeira Class of 1965

Monday, June 22, 2020 at 6:08 PM - Response #1

Joan,
Duplicates have been and continue being discussed. Take a look at the thread: “CC: we are losing classmates”.

Monday, June 22, 2020 at 9:13 PM - Response #2

I read the other thread "losing classmates" but it was very long and not sure if my issue would get buried with the others. I am getting duplicate posts on the whats new area. I am deleting them but sometimes I have to do so several times before it takes.

I also tried to post a message in the whats new area and it didn't take.

I know the IT are working on things but wanted to chime in as another person with duplicates so they have idea of how many and who.

Thanks!

Edited 06/22/20 9:37 PM
Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 12:40 PM - Response #3

Thank you for responding to my duplicate posts issue. I think I remember another message about this same problem. I did not realize I could go in and delete some of the duplicate posts. Until this gets fixed I will go in periodically and delete the duplicates.

Hope they get the issue fixed soon.

Edited 06/23/20 12:40 PM
Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 5:51 PM - Response #4

I have classmates asking if we can find another server. (Obviously they have no clue how many hours it took to upload 700 classmate yearbook photos!) But this has gone on far too long with no fix.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 7:47 AM - Response #5

We are still working on the underlying cause of the duplicates which happened after we migrated to all new servers running the latest versions of all of our programming languages and database software. It is the top priority of the programmers to get this fully cleared up. They did create a script that will automatically clear any duplicates within an hour while they finish their new code for the comments area that should resolve the duplicates from occurring in the first place. We hope to have that fully resolved this coming week. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 3:06 PM - Response #6

Scott,

I appreciate that you are working on the issue of duplicate posts. You said: that programmers are still working on the underlying cause of the duplicates which happened after you migrated to all new servers. You said they did create a script that will automatically clear any duplicates within an hour while they finish their new code for the comments area that should resolve the duplicates from occurring in the first place.

I received an email that someone made a comment on one of the my posts on a classmates profile. According to the email the comment was duplicated. When I went to our website it looks like both posts were deleted.

I received the email today and it said:

New Comments after yours
Ivan-Hernan Neira-Lemos responded to your comment on Myerlene Myers Spiess' Profile
HBD Myerlene, be happy as you can be, sorry about Carl. More
Ivan-Hernan Neira-Lemos responded to your comment on Myerlene Myers Spiess' Profile
HBD Myerlene, be happy as you can be, sorry about Carl. More

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 3:23 PM - Response #7

In that case the user deleted it. Admins can delete user posts and members can delete their own.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 3:27 PM - Response #8

I am not receiving Notifications for this Forum. I log on to learn what’s going on.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 4:07 PM - Response #9

I really don't think the user that made the comments on my original post deleted both of them. He is not that computer savvy. From Scott's message I got the impression that the programmers created a script that will automatically clear any duplicates within an hour while they finish their new code for the comments area that should resolve the duplicates from occurring in the first place. Two posts I made were duplicated and I deleted one of them. I only told one other person from my class about deleting duplicate posts.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 4:15 PM - Response #10

The script does not delete a duplicate if there is any response to it. It is possible they meant for that message to be private rather than public. You will need to verify with them. We made sure not to delete anything that had a post attached to it. Admins can or classmates can if it was their post or their response but the script won't if there is a response.

Friday, March 5, 2021 at 1:37 PM - Response #11

Duplicate posts are becoming a real annoyance. I spent half my time on the site deleting them.

Friday, March 5, 2021 at 2:57 PM - Response #12

This is very much a work in progress for us. It has not dropped down on the priority list - we have programmers working with an expert who reviewed our entire server infrastructure, load balancing processes, software programs we upgraded to and our code base. We will get to the bottom of this and get it cleared up.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, March 8, 2021 at 8:50 AM - Response #13

We're still getting duplicates, as well. Since this has been an ongoing issue for almost a YEAR, I've given up on ever seeing a "fix" and I'm just deleting the dupes.
SIGH........

Monday, March 8, 2021 at 11:32 AM - Response #14

Starting to see duplicate posts again for the first time in months. Maybe Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J has a vaccine for this most annoying problem!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.