ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Non class members

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/28/10 10:42 PM Views: 1270 Replies: 3
Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I have a request from a person five years younger than our classmates. One of our classmates wrote about her in his profile and told her to log in to see what it was. She emailed us and wants to know how she can see what he wrote. How do you suggest we handle this?

Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 11:23 PM - Response #1

Unless you set up a guest account for this 3rd party, which I'm gathering you probably don't want to do, I'd tell your classmate that he/she has to allow non-members to view their profile, it's one of the 3 check boxes at the bottom of their profile page.

Of course doing so opens it up for all the search engines to see and index... and allow the entire world to view. No login required.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 11:33 PM - Response #2

I'd create a guest account and set that account to not display on the class list. Nobody else will even know the account is there. That's precisely why we created the feature, so Admins could let somebody in if desired who they didn't want to be an "official" member of the site.

Monday, March 29, 2010 at 7:14 AM - Response #3

For this kind of situation, I use the account Brad mentions above to allow 24 hour access to the page. When the 24 hours are up, I change the password. I find this easier than setting up a new account and documenting each guest as they arrive.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.