ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

creating a new family website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/16/08 07:13 PM Views: 1734 Replies: 11
Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 7:13 PM

Hiya all! Smile
I do like the ability to have created a new site just for my family, and at the same time have the high School one as well.
What I would like to know is...As it is a family oriented site,similar to the High School as far as the edit buttons,etc., is there anyway to edit all the headings pertaining to students,classmates,schools, and change them to suit the family headings? "Missing classmates", and like "The message forum is an ongoing dialogue between classmates." etc.,?

When I created this family site, I ended up with a huge, long address link..Rolling Eyes.is there anyway to shorten the link without having to pay for a registered domain name? It said to create a year like 1900,well it did, but now ss part of the url link to the family site.

Thanks!

Edited 11/16/08 7:15 PM
Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 8:44 PM - Response #1

I'll see what Dave can change here. You might want to deactivate the Missing Classmates link for now (the assumption being you know where your family members are).

Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 8:47 PM - Response #2

Oh, and no, there is no way to change the system address. If you want to get www.yourfamily.com then you would in fact need to purchase a domain name. When we release a true family system next year the longer address will be more family oriented of course, but for now if you're using Class Creator, it is what it is.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 11:47 PM - Response #3

Brad, this topic brought another question to mind (my mind anyway). What if someone sets up a site, any type, then later abandons it? Rather than abandon, is there a way to shut it down? I don't know anyone that would want to do that, but just a hypothetical question that came to mind.

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 1:18 AM - Response #4

We ask that people email or call us directly. And then we ask a few things to confirm their identity (such as their login email address and password). Once verified we will remove the site. We do it this way to prevent any possibility that somebody will put in a phony site deletion request.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM - Response #5

When will the family web site be active? Or, maybe a better question, if I subscribe now with my class reunion web site (www.berggrenfamily.com, that bought through you), will I get credit towards the subscription for the family web site?

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 11:12 PM - Response #6

Sure. Although, there will likely be no conversion process. I.E. when the family system launches you'll have to re-enter Profiles and photos, etc.

We're going to get some additional fundamental features in place here (threaded forums, threaded email, photo galleries, etc.) in place and then go ahead and clone the system for other specific applications. We can do this with relatively few changes in the beginning, and then each niche system can grow on their own separately from Class Creator from there. We're still a ways away from all of this though. At the moment Class Creator alone has us quite consumed.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 11:34 PM - Response #7

Brad,
Just let me know when "Family Creator" is ready to go. I have two to get up and running.
Kathy

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 10:45 AM - Response #8

I have created a "family" site. You are welcome to view it to get some ideas. No logon necessary. It has just my immediate family now, as it is main purpose is for people to follow us on our great loop trip. When we get back from that, I plan to expand it to my entire family, but am hoping that by then, the "Family Creator" will be ready. You will note that the word Classmates does not appear on our page. The site is www.betsyrick.com.

Edited 03/26/09 11:28 AM
Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 11:13 AM - Response #9

Rick,
I tried getting to that website, but it won't open.
Kathy

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 11:29 AM - Response #10

Hi Kathy,

I fixed the link in their post. Try again.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 11:32 AM - Response #11

By the way, the Great Loop is definitely on my hit list. It's GREAT that you are doing that. Hey, when you pass by the Detroit River/Lake St. Clair area send me an email and I'll come out and have lunch with you on the loop. Seriously, I'd love the opportuntiy to meet you and hear about your adventure for an hour.

Edited 03/26/09 11:34 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.