ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Right Module - In Memory Updates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/27/18 09:10 PM Views: 646 Replies: 6
Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 9:10 PM

What is the "In Memory Updates" box in the Right Modules of the Home Page supposed to do? I activated ours and out of all the In Memory comments that get posted, plus new deceased classmates added weekly, ours is showing only one 1938 classmate who was changed to deceased back in 2014 and has had no comments. The checkboxes for that feature are "Active" and "Logged In" which don't seem to relate to the content, either. I was hoping it would show a list of those newly added to our In Memory page or had Roses, if not those who'd gotten classmate comments.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 5:09 PM - Response #1

When I activate the In Memory Updates module, it displays a link to one of the five In Memory entries from 2017, and not the latest one. I deactivated the module as it doesn't seem to be useful.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 8:09 PM - Response #2

Maybe this should have gone in the Bug forum instead!

Friday, June 29, 2018 at 12:54 PM - Response #3

I remember when that module was released to handle some request or perceived shortcoming, but a quick search didn't find an associated forum entry. When it was released, some of us tried it, found it sadly lacking, and turned it back off.

Not sure now what it was supposed to do, but what it does is not filling any need. A 'bug' report would be a reasonable next step.

Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 4:53 PM - Response #4

So as of April 2021, does the "In Memory Updates" box on the Home Page work or not?

Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 6:10 PM - Response #5

I don't remember ever seeing anything in these forums saying that the reported problems had been resolved. We wanted and expected it to function like the Profile Updates box, showing the most recent additions or updates. But at that time the most recent In Memory additions did not always show up.

To see if it works for you, you can try turning it on, looking at the home page to see what it displays, and then look at In Memory when set to display by date. On my site, it does show the two or three most current additions, but... after that it's hit-and-miss - showing some but not others.

Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 11:13 PM - Response #6

I verified with the programmers.

When someone updates their profile, or adds photos, that automatically updates the "modified" date of their profile, and they will appear in the Home Page box for Profile Updates. There is no check box for classmates to tick, it just happens.

In Memory Updates work exactly the same way, BUT ONLY IF the admin ticks the "Notify xxx classmates" box when adding/editing their obituary, which also triggers a Notify Me email. They are the same thing. If you want the obituary to appear there, tick the box. They will be listed chronologically starting with the most recently updated obituary. Some admins may opt not to tick the box when adding someone to In Memory who passed some time ago, however it is purely up to them. It's why the checkbox exists.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.