ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Gaps

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/28/10 08:23 PM Views: 1235 Replies: 5
Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Brad,

I know this subject has come up before, but I couldn't find it. I have big gaps in between my stuff on my home page, where before I didn't. If you go in to fix it, it doesn't let you because, it doesn't show that it is gapped!? I am confused! Did something change?Confused

Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 8:28 PM - Response #1

Not only is stuff gapped, like for instance, my "Links and More Links" announcement is all off two, everything should be aligned to the left and if you go into it to fix it, it shows that it looks just like it should! UGH!!

Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 8:49 PM - Response #2

Can you tell me what specific gaps to look into? More often than not it's being caused by some extraneous code in the editor. If you click the Source button, make sure you don't have stuff like

between your content. The code above tells the browser to put in a new paragraph, and all that's included in the paragraph is 1 space. If you delete any code you see like this where unwanted gaps are appearing that will usually solve the problem. Alternatively, you can click below the gap somewhere and just press your Backspace key until the gap is gone.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 8:56 PM - Response #3

I tried doing the backspace thing, there wasn't anything to backspace. It's like it was happening but not!!! It's weird, I haven't added anything or changed anything on the site today. Everything was fine a couple of hours ago, and then I came back and everything on the front page was gapped and not aligned. But now everything is back to normal. I have a ghost on my site...I swear I do!ShockedConfused

Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM - Response #4

To answer you question from before, it looked like everything on my homepage was tripple spaced or something. The size of the letters were smaller in some areas then they were suppose to be and some stuff was not aligned the way it was suppose to be. It's all good now!Very Happy

Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM - Response #5

Ok. If your browser ever "freaks out" try clearing your cache so you're starting anew. Sometimes simply rebooting can help too. Every now and then Windows computers just freak out, the only one who knows why may be Mr. Gates.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.