ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Allowing classmates to enter text or pixs on a page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/03/09 01:43 PM Views: 1471 Replies: 5
Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Brad,
I added a customizable link called Blast from the Past. I'd like classmates to be able to upload photos or write memories of their past experiences with SVHS without approval from me. How do I create it! I can create the link but it doesn't appear to allow anyone else to add to it.
Judy

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 3:36 PM - Response #1

This is what the threaded forums are for. I.E. you should create a forum called Blast From the Past, and let your Classmates enter memories and photos. We do have Community Photo Galleries coming up so people can all contribute reunion photos and things like that to the same page, but that won't be a substitute for the threaded forums either. The threaded forums are tailer made for what you're wanting to do with your Blast From the Past section.

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 6:34 PM - Response #2

Hi Brad ... can you give me an idea (no committment) when we'll have "Community Photo Galleries" ... I don't have anything yet on my site, so if CPG is within a month or so, I'll wait ... if it's longer, I'll do the forum idea.

Any other juicy tidbits of what's coming down the pipe?

Let me know ... thanks!

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 6:52 PM - Response #3

It will be more than 1 month. We're working on ACH (direct deposit banking system) for the Reunion Planner right now, threaded email, Live Chat, Instant Messaging, then Community Photo Galleries plus a variety of other things.

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 7:25 PM - Response #4

Thanks for the product road map. Sounds good ... I'll go the User Forums route for now.

I don't see an easy way to extract the photos down the road to publish them in a "nicer" format - like using Mixbook. Will I at least be able to cut and paste them from the forum and into something like Mixbook?

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 11:33 PM - Response #5

Sure you can do that. Or you can also right click on them, save them, and upload them to photo galleries when available. We're also looking at a partnership with Mixbook, so we'll see what possibilties may lie there.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.