ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Member Questions on update profile

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/08/16 02:10 PM Views: 2464 Replies: 6
Friday, April 8, 2016 at 2:10 PM
MissingYear.jpg

I continue to get questions from members when they get a notify about a profile update, use the link to go sign in and view a profile, see the pop-up box which claims that it's been updated and updates will be highlighted in yellow - and then don't see any obvious update highlighted.

This usually happens when someone posts a message/comment in a profile, and you can't easily see which message is current, or from last year - or the year before. At least adding the year in the date box would help.

Friday, April 8, 2016 at 4:04 PM - Response #1
ADayLate.jpg

For one more instance of member confusion and concern, the attached seems to show three current Happy Birthday messages. But only the top one is for the current year.

The shock and concern echoed in several emails to me at the time was caused because members knew that Mary had passed away on January 2nd, and were shocked to see what appears to be a post from her on January 3rd. That one was, of course, a message she had posted the previous year.

Showing the year in the date box would have elminiated any confusion.

Monday, April 11, 2016 at 5:28 PM - Response #2

I'll take this to the programmers.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 1:22 PM - Response #3
PostedOn.jpg

Looks good!! A plus that older posts now show the new "Posted on" line which includes the year.

But there are some which still need work. In the attached example, all the dates in the bottom post make perfect sense. But the top one is missing the Posted On line. And the middle one's Posted On date does not make sense when matched with the date in the date box.

Would also be nice if that Posted On line was highlighted when it's a new post.

Friday, April 22, 2016 at 6:44 PM - Response #4
NoPostedOn.jpg

Seems to be very inconsistant....
Today, for example, in the attached example, there is no "Posted On..." line for the current post at the top, or the two below from last year.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 4:45 PM - Response #5

Just following up on this thread since I still get questions from members about why it says anything new will be highlighted in yellow - when there's nothing highlighted.

The answer hasn't changed. "Yes, I know it says that, but new posted messages aren't highlighted."

Seems to me though, that the date/time line added above a message when a comment is posted under it would be appreciated for all new messages. And that would be a great place to highlight for new messages.

Friday, November 18, 2016 at 4:55 PM - Response #6

I will tag the programmer with a reminder on this.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.